Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello from oil country. I am going to pick up my new 2012 focus se sport hatch sometime this week. I've just had too much trouble parking my f150 supercrew in downtown calgary and realized i could get alot more than just a good parking spot by adding this little car to my garage.

I currently own:

2011 F150 Fx4 supercrew ecoboost
Ducati 848
Aprilia 1000r

I like speed :) and I like to bling out my toys conservatively. I usually consider myself the Anti Chrome but well placed low key pieces are fine. I love carbon fibre and black, red and white.

Darren

·
Registered
364 Posts
welcome!

·
Registered
202 Posts
thanks, how do i post pics?
Welcome and enjoy the ride!

Post photo/vid on FF:
Go to www.photobucket.com or your favorite free photo host. Create free account. Post picture there (click green upload button, follow instructions for photo bucket). After uploaded open picture. On the right click in the IMG link code and it will read "copied". Open your post and right click, paste. Voila picture/video in your post.

Or: here are instructions from the FAQ on this site.

How do I add an image to a post?

If you have uploaded an image as an attachment, you can click the arrow next to the 'Attachment Icon' and select it from the list. This will be inserted into your post and can be located where you want it displayed.

To include an image that is not uploaded as an attachment and is located on another website, you can do so by copying the full URL to the image, (not the page on which the image is located), and either pressing the 'Insert Image' icon or by typing
after it, ensuring that you do not have any spaces before or after the URL of the image. You can insert pictures from your albums (?) in this way too.

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Welcome and enjoy the ride!

Post photo/vid on FF:
Go to www.photobucket.com or your favorite free photo host. Create free account. Post picture there (click green upload button, follow instructions for photo bucket). After uploaded open picture. On the right click in the IMG link code and it will read "copied". Open your post and right click, paste. Voila picture/video in your post.

Or: here are instructions from the FAQ on this site.

How do I add an image to a post?

If you have uploaded an image as an attachment, you can click the arrow next to the 'Attachment Icon' and select it from the list. This will be inserted into your post and can be located where you want it displayed.

To include an image that is not uploaded as an attachment and is located on another website, you can do so by copying the full URL to the image, (not the page on which the image is located), and either pressing the 'Insert Image' icon or by typing
after it, ensuring that you do not have any spaces before or after the URL of the image. You can insert pictures from your albums (?) in this way too.
thank you!

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
dang it, i simply don't see an 'attachment' option. weird. i'm a member on many forums using this software but for some reason i can't see a 'manage attachments' option. i'm on a mac. wonder if that's it.

·
Registered
364 Posts
don't know if you can attach images here, but you can copy the URL from your photobucket uploads into the field when you click the "insert image" button on this forum.

·
Registered
1,159 Posts
Welcome !
Simply put the web address of the image between the two :

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
thanks bro! I've test driven a sedan with a 5spd in se trim, but ordered a hatchback. flying to Vancouver and driving it back to Calgary. Probably in the snow.

·
Registered
364 Posts
let us know how it does in the snow, i think there's a thread for it too. me being in cali, well... snow performance won't affect me much. the only place i commute which may see snow is the grapevine, and they close that down quick if there's too much.

·
Registered
1,159 Posts
... flying to Vancouver and driving it back to Calgary. Probably in the snow.
Wow ! I wish you a nice and problems free drive back home.

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
well i got the winter package and the free winter tires which they are putting on before I arrive. My dealer knows me and where I live so he makes sure it's ready to go. I got the 16" aluminum rims and tires too, but will put those on in the spring. they'll add the extra weight in the back for my 10 hour trek across the rockies and prairies. I have the grey cloth, the sync, ford touch, and sirius. no sunroof but i do have the heated seats and mirrors which will be nice for alberta winters. I'm looking forward to easier parking and nice fuel economy for my commute between the burbs and oil avenue.

·
Sonic's Mk3 Crew #17
4,888 Posts
Welcome! Another Calgary member here, you'll probably see my car around. I work downtown.

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
cool. I have 203 A as well HAHA, not used to the way they labeled things for this car. I will miss the sunroof though. have to take the truck out for that pleasure.

·
Registered
11 Posts
I got the same package but in black, good deal on getting free winters, defo need those winters around here, the standard tires suck in ice conditions, I'm up the road in Red Deer but regularly drive the wife to the foothills cancer clinic.

·
Registered
202 Posts
thanks bro! I've test driven a sedan with a 5spd in se trim, but ordered a hatchback. flying to Vancouver and driving it back to Calgary. Probably in the snow.
Hopefully driving in the snow will cause you to "change rpm frequently" to break in the engine correctly. 12 hours?

·
Registered
1,343 Posts
Another Calgarian-welcome!
Snow? What snow!!! This is as late as I have ever seen Calgary without snow on the ground. We had a bit in October but it didn't last.
Now complaining, mind you!

·
Sonic's Mk3 Crew #17
4,888 Posts
Go Calgary. [wiggle]

1 - 20 of 42 Posts