Focus Fanatics Forum banner

21 - 40 of 49 Posts

·
Registered
671 Posts
I don't think anyone will tell you they're slow to warm.

Just like the rear defroster. I hit the switch, get out to grab the scraper out of the hatch, and it's already almost halfway cleared. [eek]
yeah I wish the front defrost was as good as my rear one, lol.

The heated seats are amazing as well. Perfect for the 20-30 degree weather we've been having this week.

·
Registered
23 Posts
if i just get in and it's freezing i use 2, i don't like it to get too hot but just comfy!

·
Registered
166 Posts
Fantastic. My wife wanted them, I didn't want to deprive her of that, especially since she likes the car a good 10 degree's warmer than I do. In the winter package they come with the side mirror turn signals, which I did want as that is a safety feature.

That said, I love them fantastically. I haven't been using them for the cold so much as for chronic back and upper leg pain I have been having. (seeing a doctor, separate story)

They get heating pad warm on the bottom and against the lower back. I have never had a car with heated seats and now wouldn't want to buy one without them.

Mine are cloth seats if it makes a difference.

Word of warning, medium stone interior picks up stains and water marks easily, need to clean my seat, but aside from that, I outright love them, and it isn't even that cold yet.

·
Registered
45 Posts
The heated seats warm up extremely fast. Just wish the buttons were in a better location! On the SE, they're in an awkward location under the arm rest, and you have to literally bend over to see the setting you're putting it on. Why Ford decided to put them there, I have no idea.
I agree stupid and unsafe location

·
Registered
800 Posts
I think it is a total waste of time and money, Who needs heated seats of all things!??? I have them in my car and I have to say, I use them a lot!!!!! Seems a bit too cushy if you ask me but oh how nice it is to have your bum and lower back massaged with warmth on a cold winter day..... Bah! ;)

·
Registered
24 Posts
My in-laws have a 2011 Lincoln Mkx and wished their heated seats where as hot as my Focus's are.
They make my back sweat in no time.
Today with sub zero Canadian temps they were still too hot with my winter coat on.
They also have spoiled me and now I wish I had a heated steering wheel, and gear shift knob.....and radio controls.....and seatbelt...and.....

·
Registered
218 Posts
They work very well. There seems to be more heat settings than I have seen on a Volvo. They were something that made it hard to find a car with the specs I wanted, but I am so glad I got them.

·
Registered
10 Posts
I almost didn't get the heated seats because I never had any and thought it was just too much of a luxury, but I have finally used them with the recent cold weather here (17 degrees today) and they are great. The #5 setting gets almost uncomfortably hot in just a couple of minutes - but it is the perfect thing to get you warm before the cabin heat kicks in. Then dialing it down to 1 or 2 is almost like heat therapy (as one other writer said).
They heat up great and I am glad I got them.

Only complaint - the location of the dial. The detent between the settings isn't strong enough to be sure what one you are on by feel so you have to take your eyes off the road to check. It needs to be more in the center front of the dash.

·
Registered
15 Posts
I have cloth seats in my Focus so I did not bother with heated seats.

With leather seats on a cold day, they are VERY useful. For myself, I can't stand any kind of extra heat for long. When I drive the car with the leather seats, I turn the heated seats off as soon as I feel the heat.

·
Registered
291 Posts
I got in the Focus today and the wife had the seat on # 4. Started the car by remote and boy did it feel good when I sit down!!

·
Registered
519 Posts
I find it interesting that a lot of folks agree on the seats being very warm. In contrast, I find them just ok on level 5. It could be that I've gotten used to the BMW, as those seats get very hot. In the 5, You can also adjust intensity between the seat back and the seat cushion. I would have really liked that on the Focus. Although, I would just settle for very warm seats in general...oh well.

·
Registered
324 Posts
I find it interesting that a lot of folks agree on the seats being very warm. In contrast, I find them just ok on level 5. It could be that I've gotten used to the BMW, as those seats get very hot. In the 5, You can also adjust intensity between the seat back and the seat cushion. I would have really liked that on the Focus. Although, I would just settle for very warm seats in general...oh well.
Really? Maybe yours are malfunctioning because I have had many different cars with heated seats and none were as hot as these on the higher settings - on 5 I would be sweating!

·
Registered
324 Posts
Run coolant through it I guess just the same as with cooled seats. [giggle]
Getting coolant into a steering wheel seems a tad complicated... have never heard of this before. Heating is easy obviously, just need an electrical resistor. Presumably the "cooling" is not active, is there a little pump int he steering column moving coolant around? Seems very impractical.

21 - 40 of 49 Posts