Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So why not use USPS.

[boxface]

Thing was crushed, wet (on the inside), torn, and repackaged. I wonder why my mail guy did not right the doorbell. The seller here I will give a good thumbs up to on trying to pack it. It even had the blow up bags inside. When it got here most where deflated. [mad]

·
Registered
1,218 Posts
I hear ya bro. In my experience, they are expert at bending, folding, spindling, mutilating and generally destroying whatever packages are "entrusted" to them. Thats why I use UPS or FedEx.
And, good luck getting them to take responsibility for their actions!!

·
saved from the grave
6,106 Posts
FYI, I work for the USPS, we use automated machines to process large packages/boxes. The use of them does cause damage on a very small percentage, also all of our mail that is transported by air is flown on a Fed-Ex owned airplane. If is was a valuable item, insurance is available for just a couple bucks and the seller was, as all are, asked to purchase insurance at the time they bought postage for the box. Sorry to hear its messed up, hope they take care of it, but neither UPS, Fed-Ex or USPS will make it right monetarily if insurance was not purchased.

·
Registered
201 Posts
+1 to f250 and Tarmac. and cant see pics.

UPS also charges ($5) to have it held for pickup if you're not going to be home (valuable or signature).

Fedex an USPS it's Free.

·
Aurelius Pardus
26,535 Posts
agreed, I've had so much better luck with usps over ups or fedex. fedex always arrives the latest day possible. usps priority gets there before they say it will be. ups is neutral.

·
Vince your Moderator
5,074 Posts
USPS is the way to go IMO.

I've had multiple issues with UPS and FedEx.

I have never had a package issue with USPS FTW

·
Registered
456 Posts
Where"s my freakin' parts man?

Only one carrier worse and that was DHL. I caught one delivery man enjoying himself with my speciality parts for a fuel injection unit I was building up. Only took two days for delivery after it was shoved in his truck. Had to run him down at a gas station as he was heading back to his terminal. Unkind words were spoken at that station.

·
Taciturn. Your turn.
2,207 Posts
USPS fumbles around and loses my stuff, and their tracking only seems to work some of the time; but I make sure I get insurance if I ship something of value. UPS and Fedex deliveries are predictable and I haven't had a problem.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts