1 - 20 of 64 Posts

·
FF Affiliate
30,694 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
1) Payment

2) Send email letting me know you have got the flasher and put in the email
  • a)Full Name
  • b)ECU Code ( If you have a SVT just put SVT )
  • c)Engine Mods
  • d)XCAL ID # off the back of the flasher in most cases starts with a XP
3) Go to www.sctflash.com then Tech support choose the pictures xcal then download the updater , Go back to the pictures of the flashers and choose the LIVEWIRE and download the LiveLink 6.5

4) Use the updater to load your tune to your flasher then to your car through the OBDII port

5) If you would like help with all this I can take over your laptop and set up all the datalogging , the updater and show you how to use this like I was sitting there with you , This whole process even if you have never done it before can be done in 30 Min even with the downloading off the SCT web site

6) You can download Team Viewer here.

My # , email , PM are all listed below if you have any questions or need any help

Need more information?
http://www.focus-power.com/tuning-process

Tom

·
FF Affiliate
30,694 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Wanted to make sure everyone knew what to expect and that it isn't " plug and play " not if you want a good proper custom tune

Tom

·
Registered
689 Posts
I'm about to get a little money and wanna get SCT. I talked to you( tom) awhile back. I can't remember who our convo ended but I remember you saying I can buy one and send it to you or I can buy one of you. Am I right. And if so, how much?

·
FF Affiliate
30,694 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I charge 399.00 and 20.00 for shipping US , You get

SCT XCAL3 Flasher
Full custom tune
Free Tune updates as you add more NA mods
Datalogging services

All things that no other Focus tuner offers

Tom

·
Registered
689 Posts
So guy at work says not to waste my money on one so plz inform me for I am uneducated in this feild . Does it produce HP or tq if so how and how much. Is it just for a smoother ride. I really don't know but I am debating hard on getting one or not. I just don't want to get my expectations up and be let down

·
FF Affiliate
30,694 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
There is no way for me to say what HP and TQ your car will make as no 2 Foci are the same
Most of my customers say they see

Better over all drivability
Better idle
Better Performance
Better MPG
Better shift on the ATX if you have a ATX

As you get more mods for your NA Focus you get free updates as well , I fell there worth it and most do see some gains

Tom

·
TURBO ZX3
8,746 Posts
So guy at work says not to waste my money on one so plz inform me for I am uneducated in this feild . Does it produce HP or tq if so how and how much. Is it just for a smoother ride. I really don't know but I am debating hard on getting one or not. I just don't want to get my expectations up and be let down
put it this way, on most new cars if you add a performance part in order to properly utilize the power gains and driveability you need your ecu flashed with a tune.

·
I need BOOOOST!!!!!!
6,125 Posts
also the more mods you make to your car the bigger the difference the tune will make. and if you add anything more hardcore than simple bolt ons like a ported and polished head, cams, higher compression, nitrous or turbo a tune is a REQUIREMENT!

·
Registered
156 Posts
Can the tuner be shared with another focus? My cousin has a zetec sedan and I have an svt. Could we buy one device and just pay to have them tuned separately? Thanks

·
Registered
118 Posts
I mostly frequent the other place and just lurk here. I bet I will end up calling you this morning before this gets answered but, I just picked up an SVT with tune that hasnt been updated since 2008 it seems.

Are you able to confirm if you are the tuner from device information and are you still willing to do updates for a new owner?

Edit: Called you and we cant confirm anything. The tune is from either 2005 or 2008. Have you made any major tune updates for the SVT that you would recommend buying an updated tune?

·
Registered
7 Posts
I recently bought an 05 that was last registered in Ohio. The dealer I bought it from in Pa. Said it had an upgraded computer which I'm guessing might be a tune? Is there anyway to check if it was or not. It's got a car and header back exhaust no cat.

·
Registered
3 Posts
i need to know wherre my ecu code is on my 2010 ford focus sel i can not find it anywhere on car is there any other ways for me to find it or look it up?

1 - 20 of 64 Posts