Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
329 Posts
Explain exactly what it is you are trying to do. Are you planning on relocating the tag or what more details of what your planning on doing would help people guide you as whats needed and what work is ahead of you. Do you have any experience welding.

·
Sticker Whore
18,739 Posts
you are going to need sheet metal, welding skills, and body work skills and a lot of time... then you have to re-locate the tag someplace... not many people have done it so there isnt a big how to anywhere its just kind of a do it thing... good luck and IF you do it, post lots of pictures

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
well i do have body work skills but i dont have ne sheetmatel or welding skills. I have a buddy that can do the sheelmatel and welding so i dont know. I am already smoothing out my stock bumpers, and i dont know how to post pic on here

·
Registered
433 Posts
You have to put the pictures on to a site, say photobucket, and then you copy the image URl, then you click in this forum on the little yellow and brown mountain emblem in the reply then you paste in the URL.

·
Registered
531 Posts
ive seen on ebay.co.uk(not trying to promote) that they had for sale a delete for the hatch. it looks like a skin for the hatch but its basicly a fiberglass peice that will cover the entire area of the hatch and follows the line of the back glass. was thinking about getting it but unsure of price. basicly all you would have to do is mold the peice on and your done. no cutting or welding, then the bondo work, take it from someone who is very pickey. ive rarely seen work such as shaving tags or door handles that i liked because you always can see the area were the item use to be. only shaved tag ive seen on a focus was at a show in NC and was very impressed. guy said it was a pain in the ass due to it having 2 curves on the hatch. ill try to research it somemore and find the info on the skin.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts