Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,009 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know there are a few threads on this and even a how-to, although after reading them all, I'm still a little unsure at how to go about doing this.

I'm trying to do this the cheapest way possible(while still being safe)and I'm not afraid to splice some wires.
What items do I absolutely need and how should I wire them.
I could really use some pics if possible.
Any help would be great.
Thanks.

·
Registered
1,009 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Bump for help

·
Registered
1,009 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
This is what I'm working with.

I'm in the process of repairing them. I bought them for $75.
They look like crap, but this part won't be seen. As you can see, I don't have the harness connector on this side. So would I be able to wire this one up directly to the wires in the headlight? I have the connector on the other headlight though.

·
Registered
1,009 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
This is what I had. So I think I've came a long way.

·
Registered
1,009 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Well, by studying my wires and reading the how-to over and over, I think I get it.

My only question is,...Is the vw harness just to make things simple and clean? Couldn't I just wire them up w/o the vw harness?

·
Banned
7,946 Posts
i suggest you go to the local junkyard and get a vw harness. im not sure what year/model you will bee looking for, but im sure they are out there.
yes, of course the harness is for easy removal.

you could wire them up without the harness, but i dont recommend it.

you can do it though[thumb]. remember that brown is ground and black is hot. follow each wire in and through the housings to figure out what goes to what and youll be set. i guess quick connectors will work if you route them through the existing harness location or drill a new hole. just remember to seal everything up with some black silicome.

i just upgraded my machs to a 55w hid system, so any questions you have, feel free to ask me. i know these things pretty darn well now.

goodluck!!

·
Registered
1,009 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Why you thinking they'll look like crap. Probably.
If so I'm out $75. Which I could probably rip them apart and sell all the parts for more than that.

·
Banned
4,142 Posts
If you endup parting them out PLEASE!!!! Let me know. I want the guts. Meaning the chrome surround part that covers everything inside.

I need both of them if you do part them out. I wont need the turn signal or the projecotr or high beam....jsut the guts lol.

·
Registered
909 Posts
Dude your HIDS look worst than the ones I got! I had cracks and holes in the black plastic just like yours. I just patched those up with fiberglass, superglue, and epoxy...I think a plastic welding kit would be more secure

You using the headlight lenses I sold you for the projectors? I had trouble fitting those same lenses on my junkyards HIDS

·
Registered
1,009 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
No actually I put them on my car and I'm going to use my old foggy lenses and then sand and polish them. Then once these are on my car I'm going to crack those ones back open and paint em black and see if I can make a few bucks.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts