Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
262 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Idk if this applies to all Foci, but the radio in my 02 zx5 is ALWAYS on, and i have to manually turn it off, this has killed my battery MULTIPLE times now. I went out and bought an inline fuse so I could splice into something that turns on when the key is so I can prevent this. Where do you recommend I do this at? Is there any particular wire I should use?

·
Registered
28 Posts
If you take the radio out their will be a red wire and a yellow wire on the radio side and one of them is for constant 12v for your memory and the other is acc switch power so you need to Take the wire that is connected to the acc line (red wire most the time) and connect it with the constant 12v wire(yellow most of the time) and the use a test light and test the factory harness for a wire that works when the key is in the on position and has no power when the key is off. That way you are still using your factory stereo fuses. Sometimes there is a wire diagram for the stereo on the top side of the metal case that houses the stereo or if you tell us what kind of stereo you have we might be a little more helpfull.(I'm assuming you have a aftermarket stereo)

1 - 2 of 2 Posts