Focus Fanatics Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just like the title says, I just haven't figured it out on my own, will have to go to the book soon. It's the Sony system with the MFT, Nav, Sirius, etc. I can turn it down, but the kids want it off when they're watching their TVs. Thanks.

·
Registered
800 Posts
Just like the title says, I just haven't figured it out on my own, will have to go to the book soon. It's the Sony system with the MFT, Nav, Sirius, etc. I can turn it down, but the kids want it off when they're watching their TVs. Thanks.

I think you just push the center button.

·
Registered
573 Posts
Push the little button to the left of the CD slot.

You can also use that button to turn the stereo on, even with the car off.

·
Registered
409 Posts

I think they call it the power button [;)]

Although I'll be honest, I completely overlooked it for the first few weeks I had the car.

·
GoKart and Me!!!
13,487 Posts
Look in the instruction book. That's why you have one. Just sayin'. [:p]

Headphones for the kids work. [thumb]

·
Registered
683 Posts

^^^ What Faygo said.

·
Meh.
10,609 Posts
Will have to go to the book soon
This should have been the vary first thing you did. The book isn't there to look pretty, it's there to be read and used.

·
Registered
14,399 Posts
My guess would be the off button lol :)

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
You read the books lately? They're all just very generic, non-specific and applicable to every model across the FORD line it seems. All mostly safety and liability "escape clauses" for when you crack the thing up. I don't find those books very helpful, even when I read them from front to back like I did the first night I had the car. Thanks for the quick answers. i go try it right now.

·
Meh.
10,609 Posts
You read the books lately? They're all just very generic, non-specific and applicable to every model across the FORD line it seems. All mostly safety and liability "escape clauses" for when you crack the thing up. I don't find those books very helpful, even when I read them from front to back like I did the first night I had the car. Thanks for the quick answers. i go try it right now.
Fair enough. I haven't seen any book for the new Focus but it seems like they should cover how to turn off the radio. If not, than shame on Ford for not writing a good owners manual; they are one of the most useful things they can put in cars.

·
Registered
1,878 Posts
Yeah, I totally agree there. I did read the manual and still go to it and it is good for some things but it is very, very vague on a lot of other things. I've definitely received much better answers on select topics from people here on FF.

·
Registered
1,156 Posts
Yeah, but the "power" button is just common sense. You don't need to read a manual for something your eyes can see.

Posted via FF Mobile

·
Registered
613 Posts
You know what's funny.... the owner’s manual that came with my 2012 Focus covers everything I needed to know about the Focus and ONLY the Focus. Perhaps a course in reading comprehension would be of some benefit to you.

·
Registered
683 Posts
All due respect, the flavor of some of these "read your book" responses is not warranted, IMO.
CD/SFE ... no worries, some folks just can't help themselves! That'll learn 'ya ferr askin' a stoopid kweshtun! [hah][bash]

·
Registered
800 Posts
All due respect, the flavor of some of these "read your book" responses is not warranted, IMO.
CD/SFE ... no worries, some folks just can't help themselves! That'll learn 'ya ferr askin' a stoopid kweshtun! [hah][bash]
best answer when you don't know the answer yourself, tell them to read the book![duh] Just a bit of a poke ya'all!!

·
Registered
1,159 Posts
bsp_53, I do understand that no book/manual contains everything, but before anything, I read it before asking a question. You'll find some of my answers to other threads containing not only the "read the book" but quotes AND the page(s) where you find it.
And you know what ? If you have a question, before anything, use the on-line pdf manual (http://www.motorcraftservice.com/pubs/content/~WOCFOC/~MUS~LEN/40/12focog2e.pdf) and the search function that comes with it. Sometimes it's time saver for everyone. The one who asks, those who answer. My 2 cents. [;)]

·
Registered
2,654 Posts
I thought someone was trollin' with this thread... you really couldn't figure out how to trun off the stereo huh? Wow... sorry, but it's not hard to figure out.

·
Registered
61 Posts
The MFT has it's own manual along with the cars. So maybe just a case of tmi.

However looking at the center stack & volume control (1 of at least 3 btw) it should be obvious.

·
Registered
683 Posts
The MFT has it's own manual along with the cars. So maybe just a case of tmi.

However looking at the center stack & volume control (1 of at least 3 btw) it should be obvious.
Ha!! I had to Google "tmi, acronym" ... showing my age, I guess.
Total Market Index? ........no [?|]
Three Mile Island? ....... nope [screwy]
Too Much Information ... right on!!

[cheers]

·
Registered
154 Posts
There are no dumb questions only dumb answers.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.