Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Super Moderator
8,853 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
went thru the stickies, didnt find much...

would running the hot wire from the turn signal into the hot wire into the hot wire for the fog work? or is there more to it?

im no good with wiring so help me out a little.

·
Registered
70 Posts
The fog lights should be receiving a power directly from the "fog light" switch. I suppose if you just splice that line into the turn signal wire. Not sure if it'll like the added stress of running some pretty beefy lights but that's a quick and dirty way to do it

·
Registered
317 Posts
I'd be worried about overloading the wiring with htis one. Maybe putting some low wattage LED bulbs in place of the halogen fog light bulbs would prevent that

·
Registered
173 Posts
Im assuming youd want the fogs to work normally as well. This is what would be tough. You could simply run a wire connecting your fogs power wire to your indicators power wire depending on how much power the fogs draw. However by doing this the indicators would come on when you turn your fogs on.

You somehow have to run a relay switch between the two, separate ones will be needed for each light. If you dont like to plug and play around with wiring then id suggest staying away from this task if I were you

·
Super Moderator
8,853 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
LOL dammit, it would be funny but i would like to have them work properly... any ideas on ow to tackle this? or get it started?

·
8 DAY HOMECOMING
13,048 Posts
Fogs would effectively become your turns and running lights. Check out "thenorms" Build thread. There is a diagram in there for how to do it. Needing resistors and such. If I feel nice I will find it for you.

Lucky lucky haha

I can't read diagrams worth a darn so can't help you with it. I can only get you pictures.

·
Registered
173 Posts
Buy some relay wiring kits, at least 2. Ebay is full of cheap Chinese ones or auto parts stores have some too. As far As my knowledge goes youl need to wire one end of the relay to your fog lights (directly into both positive and negative wires) and the other end of the relay to the battery and ground location. Most relay kits use a yellow wire for the signal wire, this wire will need to be spliced into the turn signal wire. Repeat this process on both sides and it should work. I'd invest in a metameter if you don't have one.

·
Super Moderator
8,853 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
thanks guys... i gotta go to work now but all the help is useful. thanks jeff for finding the diagram that thenorm has done.. not much new can be done to these huh?

thanks griffin for warning me about the indicators on during fog use XD and letting me know about what parts i need.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts