Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Focus Addict
14,132 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
http://www.cotus.ford.com

If you have the dealer code and your order number or the Vin number of your car before it's built you may be able to track the status using this website above.

·
Registered
5,887 Posts
If you have the dealer code and your order number or the Vin number of your car...
Customers can also reach out to me for updates via PM. Since I get asked this a lot, I'll go ahead and put it here. I cannot give out rail car numbers or locations of the train/truck/ect containing the vehicles during transit.

Maegan

·
Registered
1 Posts
Customers can also reach out to me for updates via PM. Since I get asked this a lot, I'll go ahead and put it here. I cannot give out rail car numbers or locations of the train/truck/ect containing the vehicles during transit.

Maegan
Hello Maegan,

I have my Vin number (############) and have looked at the information that ETIS.Ford.com provides but other than an actual build date (Sept 2, 2014) there is not much else. The Dealer order says transit days are 17. Does that mean it will take 17 days to ship after it's built?

Any information you can provide would be much appreciated.
Thanks
Goin' Crazy in LV waitin' for my ST

·
Strichmädchen & Koks
3,112 Posts
Days in transit isn't generally exact, it could come a week later, could be 4 weeks, could even be longer. Generally 2-3 weeks is the norm for most people.

·
Registered
5,887 Posts
Hello Maegan,

I have my Vin number () and have looked at the information that ETIS.Ford.com provides but other than an actual build date (Sept 2, 2014) there is not much else. The Dealer order says transit days are 17. Does that mean it will take 17 days to ship after it's built?

Any information you can provide would be much appreciated.
Thanks
Goin' Crazy in LV waitin' for my ST
I recommend you edit your post to remove the VIN. At the moment, there is not official tracking service, so the results from that website may or may not be accurate. Some were only beta tested and weren't put into full production.

To be honest, I don't know what the 'transit days' thing you mentioned is.

Your build date is correct, September 2nd, and I'm showing (via my resource) an ETA of September 22, which is roughly 18 days, so I guess that corresponds pretty close to your 'transit days' thing.

Meagan

·
w/ my magic bag
29,468 Posts
Days in transit isn't generally exact, it could come a week later, could be 4 weeks, could even be longer. Generally 2-3 weeks is the norm for most people.
This^^^^^^ & then on top of it if it gets any intransit damage too. Been there done that for over 10 yrs.

·
Registered
81 Posts
Does anyone know if this system works for Canadian orders? I'm not having any luck with inputting the numbers my dealer gave me. I really hate calling/emailing people to bug them about this.

·
Registered
233 Posts
Does anyone know if this system works for Canadian orders? I'm not having any luck with inputting the numbers my dealer gave me. I really hate calling/emailing people to bug them about this.
Great question, Frenchie_14. What Meagan said in her earlier post applies to you too; currently, there is not a public, official tracking service. The website may be giving you some trouble because it's not official.

I see that you've already sent over your information so that I can track it. Please know that with a weekly reminder, I'll be able to provide you with updates! :)

Brittany

·
Registered
81 Posts
Great question, Frenchie_14. What Meagan said in her earlier post applies to you too; currently, there is not a public, official tracking service. The website may be giving you some trouble because it's not official.

I see that you've already sent over your information so that I can track it. Please know that with a weekly reminder, I'll be able to provide you with updates! :)

Brittany
Thanks Brittany,

I love the fact that you're so "on it", but like I said in my post, I'd rather not bother anyone for trivial info. I'm sure you have bigger fish to fry. I'm just a little impatient. Driving my '01, 330 000 Km Protege is just not cutting it anymore. :)

·
Registered
233 Posts
Thanks Brittany,

I love the fact that you're so "on it", but like I said in my post, I'd rather not bother anyone for trivial info. I'm sure you have bigger fish to fry. I'm just a little impatient. Driving my '01, 330 000 Km Protege is just not cutting it anymore. :)
I understand where you're coming from, Frenchie_14. However, tracking orders isn't trivial to me! I like to know how your order's doing just as much as you do; it's part of what I'm here for, and one of my favorite ways to help. :)

If you change your mind and would like an update, you know where to find me!

Brittany

·
Registered
9 Posts
Ordered a 2015 Focus in November according to the dealer it is starting to be built now.
Just now. He looked it up and gave me a lot of info.
So I wanted to see for myself.
went to www.;cotusb.ford.com and entered the order number and the dealer number.
It said not able to find. Double check your information. So I did. My info is correct.
Any idea why it cannot find it.
I check it 2 months ago and it showed up.
Anyone know why it is taking Ford so very long to build these?
Maybe I should sit back and waite till September 2015 for the 2016s

·
Registered
5,887 Posts
Ordered a 2015 Focus in November according to the dealer it is starting to be built now.
Just now. He looked it up and gave me a lot of info.
So I wanted to see for myself.
went to www.;cotusb.ford.com and entered the order number and the dealer number.
It said not able to find. Double check your information. So I did. My info is correct.
Any idea why it cannot find it.
I check it 2 months ago and it showed up.
Anyone know why it is taking Ford so very long to build these?
Maybe I should sit back and waite till September 2015 for the 2016s
Cotus is still a pilot program in the beta stage, so it doesn't always have the most up to date information. I can look up your order if you send me a private message with your order number and dealer code.

Meagan

·
Registered
1 Posts
I live in Canada and I ordered a 2015 mustang gt Premium i have the order number and the dealer code, but does cotusford.com track canadian orders?

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi Meagan/Brittany, I just PM'd....is it possible to track my Focus ST order? Car is for my son and he's going crazy..... Dealer said 8-12 weeks and it's approaching 12, so any info on status would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

·
Registered
5,887 Posts
Hi Meagan/Brittany, I just PM'd....is it possible to track my Focus ST order? Car is for my son and he's going crazy..... Dealer said 8-12 weeks and it's approaching 12, so any info on status would be greatly appreciated. Thanks
Thanks for reaching out! I recommend contacting our Ford Canada team at FordServiceCA. :)

Meagan

1 - 20 of 21 Posts