what i notice is that the back trunk door is look. meaning is not holding on

tight. Is there a way to tight that? I tried moving the latch but I do not know

how.

Thanks

John

·
Registered
982 Posts
On each lower corner of your hatch there should be a black rubber piece that screws in and out. That's the adjustment pieces. Screw them out a little so they contact the body sooner.

·
I.S.A.I.K.I.
5,413 Posts
When you do what HyBalz recommended, go back and check the gapping between the bottom of the hatch and the top of your rear bumper. Turning the bumpstops out too far might cause the bottom of the hatch to rub and the last thing you want is rust in a location that's basically a water trap.

·
Registered
2,928 Posts
There are rubber stops on each side. Turn them in or out until you get the right spot. Messing with the latch may not be necessary.

·
Registered
183 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks Terry... I have tried that the little rounds things that turn I have both of them almost all the way out and I till get that same noise.... Also having really used up tires do you think that can be it also?

·
Registered
9,084 Posts
You sure it's not your license plate or something on the hatch making noise?

·
Registered
183 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Well at first I thought it was my spare tire so I made sure last night it was nice and tight and that did not fix anything. Then I asked my wife to go for a ride with me and she was hearing the noise. Also the noise only happen when i am on a rought road. If I am on the highway no noise at at. It sounds like when you have a loose or a bad shock. I shook my car up and down several times and its even hard to move it up and down it does not even hop more that 1 time like I read on the internet to check to see if the shocks are bad. My whole car is very firm feeling al around.

·
Registered
936 Posts
Well, worn out shocks can make noises when driving, and then seem just fine when you're stopped and pushing up and down on them. How many miles on the shocks you have now?

·
br/o/stang
5,563 Posts
Try wrapping some electrical tape or similar around the post that the latch holds on to to fatten it up. could help

·
Registered
183 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
OK.. for the shocks they have 72,300 miles on them.. I will wrap some electrical tape around the post Buickbiy...

Thanks for the advise...

·
Registered
936 Posts
OK.. for the shocks they have 72,300 miles on them.. I will wrap some electrical tape around the post Buickbiy...

Thanks for the advise...
My car only has 62000 on the shocks and stuts, and mine are bad and soon to be replaced. Like I said, just because they don't seem bad when you push up and down doesn't mean they're not. There could be a worn bushing or something up in there somewhere.

·
I.S.A.I.K.I.
5,413 Posts
Shocks/struts are only good up to 60k miles. I'm sitting at 62,000 but I'm waiting till next year to redo the suspension setup.

You could, for starters, get a spray can of white lithium or some teflon based lube and spray up around the spring perches, control arms, rear swaybar and what ever other points attached to the body and see if that helps eliminate some of the noise.

·
Registered
936 Posts
Shocks/struts are only good up to 60k miles. I'm sitting at 62,000 but I'm waiting till next year to redo the suspension setup.
Thankfully I only have to wait about a month, or even less for my financial ducks to fall into place and then I'm ordering the FRPP kit from Mike. I *really* can't wait.

·
I.S.A.I.K.I.
5,413 Posts
An old member here put the FRPP kit on his pumpkin last year and I must say that the ride is pretty sweet. Only sad part is that it didn't sit much lower than the stock SVT height.

·
Focusless
1,826 Posts
crapp i didnt know that the shocks/struts were only good for about 60k miles. i got 90k miles and havent replaced mine. is that a bad thing?

(sorry to jack ur thread)

·
Focusless
1,826 Posts
crapp i didnt know that the shocks/struts were only good for about 60k miles. i got 90k miles and havent replaced mine. is that a bad thing?

(sorry to jack ur thread)

·
Registered
183 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Ok Guys problems solved...

I turned the litle rubber gormets on each side of the trunk and now the door / trunk is nice a tight and no noise...

Thanks for the help...

1 - 20 of 20 Posts