1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2,022 Posts
look at it?

·
Registered
10,024 Posts
you engine is kinna hanging there on one mount.....

·
AKA Toyotech
4,043 Posts
depends on which mount...and how its broke...may bang on the firewall, may twist, just pop the hood and give a blip of the throttle.

·
Registered
2,131 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
oo well my car is makin a strange noise when you get up to about 4,000 rpm's on I thought maybe that could have been it I cant describe the noise. I was tryin to figure out what it is.

·
Registered
7,241 Posts
Kicknzx3 said:
depends on which mount...and how its broke...may bang on the firewall, may twist, just pop the hood and give a blip of the throttle.
Yup. Easiest way to tell. A broken motor mount usually results in more movement from the engine than usual - had one break on my MR2 and also the old Satellite and for both, you could tell because with the hood lifted if you revved the engine the engine moved all over the place.

So, any more info on what's happening? What's the noise sound like? Is it only when you're moving, or does it happen if you just rev the engine up while you're parked?

·
Registered
2,131 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
It does not do it while idling and it mostly did it in 1st, 2nd,and 3rd gear cant really tell it in the rest.Icant explain the sound. Ijust went and droveit and it didnt really do it today.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts