Focus Fanatics Forum banner

41 - 60 of 70 Posts

·
Registered
197 Posts
one thing i tried that actually worked on mine when this happened before mine eventually bricked was unplug it and plug it back in and was able to eject all 6. I've also done it at work to 6-disks in other fords and it's worked but i agree gun will fix it all and make you feel better.

·
Registered
128 Posts
2004, have the 6 disc changer, 9006 audiphile system.

Will the TripTunes part # 6R3Z-19A464-AA work?

the website says 2004 2005 2006 2007

but is it only for the "stock" bare bones cd player....

·
Registered
1 Posts
Audiophile out cold

Thanks for all the great posts on the 9006. Got the jammed discs out, but once back in, the unit won't turn on and no clock. Did disconnect the battery before the surgery, and the fuse looks okay. Any tips?

(If it comes to replacing it, would it be terminally stupid to buy a used 9006 and just drop it in there?)

·
I AM DA FOCI FANATIC
3,715 Posts
Hey i have a question. right now i have the audio phile mp3 6 disc changer in my car but i was thinking about taking my Sony xplod CDX-F5700 and having it put in instead of the stock head unit. Would it be worth it? Do you guys think it would sound better than the stock head unit? also if i do how would i hook up the stock amp to it? and also is it possible to hook up the controls on the steering wheel to the sony so i could still turn the volume up and down on the wheel?
Yea I put a sony in my car and increased the sub level by 50% or more. I think its worth it. You have to splice into the factory harnes to get the sub to work though. Not hard at all.

·
Registered
386 Posts
Thanks a bunch too all! I was going to pull my 9006 out and take the cds out then put the unit back in. BUT i tried the "EJECT + LOAD" thing and that didnt work. So i resorted to the "EJECT+LOAD" + the light tap just about the unit and that worked! There was a burned cd that was screwing it up. No more burned cds in the 9006. Hopefully ot will be trouble free...at least until after Christmas so i can buy a new h/u.

·
I.S.A.I.K.I.
5,413 Posts
Since the incarnation of this thread two years and two months ago, I finally had to dig this one out. Yep, my audiophile HU finally jammed up on me.

I forgot how entertaining this write-up was Sleestak!!!

·
on thin air
3,671 Posts
Discussion Starter #47
lol, thanks...glad it has helped.

Thanks to the others who have been adding helpful tips to this thread [thumb]

·
Registered
411 Posts
Piece of audiophile junk!
Seriously!!! It sounded pretty good. Funny Story I had my CD's get eaten by this thing like 6 -8 months ago and just kept putting it off to fix it. I just listened to the radio and never really did use the changer much since it wont play MP3s and it won't even play RW discs!! Useless junk...Anyhoo today I finally sprang for a sweet Alpine headunit that directly connects to an ipod or even a USB stick to play music off of it. It is soooo much nicer now to have my whole music collection at my fingertips without having to change discs!! If you're wondering I got the Alpine iDA-X200. In addition I think this unit sounds better than the stock one did as well.

·
Registered
596 Posts
I don't know if there is even an answer to these questions. I am putting JBL P8652 6x8 speakers (best multi-element speaker for Ford 6x8 speaker inclosures bar none) in the front doors. I'm leaving the audiophile Sony coaxial speakers in the rear doors. What is the power rating for the audiophile amplifier for the 2007 model year? Another question I want to put in the JBL GTO 8" subwoofer in place of the Sony subwoofer (will if fit without modifying the stock sub box). Does anybody know if the sony sub in the 07 audiophile system is a DV or SV coil design. Also looks like a mini amp attached to the Sony 8 inch sub in the audiophile system (any idea as to the power of the mini amp for the sub or is it not an amp and something else entirely). Any help will be greatly appreciated. So far my audiophile HU has worked impeccably with no problems whatsoever. I have searched everywhere for the answers I am seeking. Obviously I want to keep it as stock as possible unless it isn't possible with these two speaker/subwoofer upgrades.

·
Registered
142 Posts
Not at all actually if you just wanna give it some time and play around with it, I was not gonna lose out on the $100 I spent on my Audiophile after a CD was stuck in it so I took of the top popped the CD out then I left the top off while I plugged the whole system back in then I watched as the Trays to run through the usual cycle..while doing this I noticed a piece was not grabbing in one spot and put it back in place which in turn fixed that damn problem. I'm sure this would not work for all but I have not had a problem since then.

·
Registered
1 Posts
HOW DO YOU GET IT OUT?!!

Some have randomly pushed buttons and sweared at it in just the right way, but when all else fails and you just have to get that Raffi CD , this is what has to be done.

First, go down to WallyWorld and hit their automotive department. You are gonna want a set of these. They only cost like 4 bucks:
What is pictured under this quote, it won't show on my PC at work, can someone help me out, Thnx

·
Registered
76 Posts
I am going to go to the Dealership today and have the 3RD radio put in the car. The dealership is blaming it on burnt CDs now but my question is why is it acting up now 5 years of playing burnt cds. I don't care if they have to send the Cds back to me as they are copys of the origials that I still have..

Putting in the Alpine you have the sub working how about the steering wheel controls... does anyone have this working?

·
Registered
23 Posts
dude thanks a lot for the post....this came in handy along with all the pictures!!! i had this happen to me because i tried loading cd's in when it was neg 2 degrees outside and the damn thing froze with all my cd's in it!!! i was soooo pissed off, but now i have them all back!!!! thanks again!!! :)

·
WRX/Focus:)
4,940 Posts
So how do you get the rest out I got the first one out but the rest are behind the laser and spin motor set-up, and when I put it back in the car is still doesn't load or anything?

·
I.S.A.I.K.I.
5,413 Posts
So how do you get the rest out I got the first one out but the rest are behind the laser and spin motor set-up, and when I put it back in the car is still doesn't load or anything?
Try using a laminated card like an old Blockbuster video membership card or something equivalent. As you press the number of the disk you want to unload, hit the eject button and slide the laminated card in and out, sweeping side-to-side to fish the disk out. Do this while the CD player is making noise while trying to spit the disk out. This may take several tries but it does work.

41 - 60 of 70 Posts