Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 20 of 66 Posts

·
Registered
152 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I saw someone did this install already on here and I wanted to do it up, it looked really good, i started out by covering the car, to ensure no run off gets on the car or other spray, sand down the bumper with 600 grit. Then cleared it all off with acetone. Then proceeded to apply primer ensure an even coat. Then waited for it to dry before coming bck to do six coats of the black paint. After doing all the coats until you are satisfied, wait for it to dry. Then I finalized it with 6 coats of clearcoat. Let it dry and then you got your final product, which i think looks hella tight.[clap] Shout out going to my buddy manny, hes a JDM man himself but its always good when someone is down to work on cars no matter what they are.

·
Premium Member
7,348 Posts
Looks good! You should do that little strip on the bottom that goes all the way around the front bumper as well.

·
Registered
152 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
yea i was thinking about that, i was going for the mitsubishi evo look

·
Banned
7,946 Posts
i like it!! id try to get some clearbra stuff to prevent the inevitble rock chips that will happen

dont paint the entire lip. the goatee look is great!

·
Freeskiing Fanatic!
5,455 Posts
looks really good, i would try to clean up the edges a little, but it looks just fine if you dont.

·
Registered
345 Posts
Man that looks awesome. IMO dont paint the whole thing. Keep the goatee ;]

·
Registered
152 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
yea they were already touched up, with touch up paint from ford and alot of patients i will get pics of it touched up, those were taking at my buddys place, def a bit better taping FTW

·
Registered
152 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
def agree, there are a few things they should have done

·
Leave it stock?
2,284 Posts
lookin good, now just drill out those foglight housings and make the little dimple thingies functional!

·
Focus Fanatic
7,252 Posts
Hell yeah man, that looks badass.
I am loving this mod on both the stock and SAP bumpers for 05-07 foci.
That front end looks absolutely gorgeous.

·
Registered
152 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
yea it gives it a whole new look, really impressed with how it turned out

·
!FRENCH FRY!
4,236 Posts
looks amazing, nice aggressive touch, don't do the rest of the lip, please don't!

·
Registered
152 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
no worries i am keeping it as is, I wanted the mitsubishi evo look so thats why i did the lip how it is

·
Registered
8,506 Posts
i did this about 2 months ago, couple weeks before i traded for a stock bumper...

1 - 20 of 66 Posts