Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
345 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Please can someone write or point me in the direction of a How-To on installing clear corners on a 2000? I saw one for a 05 I think, are they the same? Do I have to remove the front wheels? Thanks for your help

·
Banned
589 Posts
Pretty simple... Stick your head up under the front corner of the bumper, you may or may not have to jack the car up depending on the size of your head, lol... Then I just use an adjustable wrench to unscrew the two cheap flimsy stamped metal nuts off the backs of the side markers. Then there are 2 little plastic tabs holding the side markers in place at each end, be careful not to break these when you pull it out. Then the bulb socket just twists out too.

·
Registered
733 Posts
or you can go from up top by removing the headlight and they are right there in case you have no access to a jack

·
Freeskiing Fanatic!
5,455 Posts
probably easier to just go underneath. oh, for the drivers side, you should remove your wheel and pull the wheel well and the splash guard back a bit for better access.

·
Registered
504 Posts
oh man this was a bitch to do... yeah just go underneath and its pretty self explanatory, unless its all caked on like mine was. the two clips... make sure you dpont snap them.

theres not too much space, so if you're a big guy, youre gonna get really frustrated.

its easier to do it on yours because the 05s have a sort of cover on the bottom so its a lot harder to get in there.

·
Premium Member
7,348 Posts
I just stuck my head under my front bumper and pulled the stock ones off and put the new ones on. I didn't have to pull my headlight out, move the splashguard, or use a jack.

·
Sticker Whore
18,739 Posts
probably easier to just go underneath. oh, for the drivers side, you should remove your wheel and pull the wheel well and the splash guard back a bit for better access.
he drives a pre 05... no splash guard... so all he has to do is lay under the car and undo the old put in the new... i did clears on an svt in 10 min. in a parking lot at school for a buddy...

·
Registered
1,262 Posts
undo 2 washer nuts (whatever they are)... pop... out it comes...

take new marker light and pop it in... screw on 2 washer nuts... bada-bing!

·
Registered
345 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks for the input all. I order clears today off ebay and looked under my bumper after I washed it and there should be plenty of room to manuver and take out the sides. I guess I should have looked before asking the question lol.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts