Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Panamasian
2,590 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i actually made this a long time ago. Just thought since people are buying leds i figure i'd show how to change the maplight

step 1: pull clear plastic off closest to the front of the car

step 2: once pulled all the way out find 4 clips holding the clear plastic piece in place

step 3: once plastic piece is removed the problem is getting the bulbs out. as you've probably already seen they're a pain to grab. so, what I DID (there could be other ways but i found this easier) was bend the metal surrounding the bulbs in order to reach in and grab them easily with my fingers and pull out.

step 4: replacing the bulbs. it doesn't really matter how you put them back in. i personally put the metal back in its place and then put the bulb in. but whatever works for you is fine.

finally: reverse all the steps to take the map light out and you could get a result like this

I really like how they look. They shine bright enough at night to which it isn't overbearing. I'll be sure to put pictures up of the night time later.

Reactions: JDBug182

·
Focal Distortion
2,332 Posts
Thanks, I might have to do this, but with red bulbs!

·
Registered
1,174 Posts
Psst, there's already a how-to on this.

·
Panamasian
2,590 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
[neener] well i made another one. where is it?

·
Focal Distortion
2,332 Posts

·
Focal Distortion
2,332 Posts
^^^^ looks great!

·
[:)][:)][:)][:)] I got this!!!!
4,184 Posts
my controls for the sunroof are different same technique im guessing?

·
Registered
128 Posts
I'm looking to do this on my 09, but the pics are gone. Anyone know where I can find a tutorial?

1 - 11 of 11 Posts