Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am working on fixing crumbled wiring insulation in the flex tube between my hatch and the body. To do this, I have removed the panel on the inside of the hatch, but am now stuck on how to remove the interior trim around the sides and top of the window.

The photos show a button that has to come off, but it just turns and turns and with some moderate prying I haven't been able to make it pop off either. Trying not to break something here. Do you know how to get this off?

The button is for a cord that allows the hatch to lift a shelf that goes between the the back seat and the hatch. This is a 2005 ZX3.

Attachments

·
Registered
4,409 Posts
Yep. Just did this on my wagon last month.

Using two large flat tip screw drivers, pry the trim away a tiny bit in order to locate where the mounting tabs are (hidden underneath). Once located, place a screwdriver on each side of a tab and pop or pry it off. I thought they might break during this, but strangely did not.

BTW you and I are the last ones who posted in the other thread about this wire repair job. I saw the pic you posted there, good job man. I wish you good luck, happy crimping, soldering...[wrenchin]

1 - 2 of 2 Posts