Focus Fanatics Forum banner

21 - 40 of 43 Posts

·
Jetsetter
6,648 Posts
First off, no more name calling.

Second off, removing something that is in place to protect the engine is pretty dumb. But if you want it gone you will have to get a tune to remove it.

Third, if you want a better launch, invest in stiffer motor mounts, suspension, tires.

·
Registered
793 Posts
I don't see why you guys are on this guy so ridiculously hard. Have some decency...honestly I feel like intervention by mod / admin should have happened a while ago. The question was made, just because you guys think it's useless doesn't mean he has to.

I've read a couple times about guys dumping the clutch with the MTX75 around 4800 for optimal launch at the drag strip, and even though the tires spin at lower RPM launches the engine still bogs as the RPM is too low once traction is available.

This thread quickly turned into a two person argument immediately with each of them taking jabs at each other. I think it is ridiculous to continue or for people to chime in the same way.
You have a point. Lemme re-post.

·
Registered
793 Posts
Since you can't change your RPM revness, you're instead going to need to get the power up. Intake, exhaust, header, tune, and or fill up with E85 if your car calls for it. That's pretty much all you can do.

·
Registered
793 Posts
Although you can't control a dig as well as you can with the manual, there is a slight gearing advantage with the DCT. The final drive on the 5 speed is, 3.82:1. The final drive on the DCT is 3.85:1 on gears 1,2,5 and 6. Gears 3, and 4 are 4.28:1 for the final drive. Averaging out at 3.99:1, so there's that.

·
Registered
357 Posts
your car doesn't make enough power to need to remove rev limiter. so i don't see why it matters just because you think it will help.

but by all means if you insist on ******g up your engine and putting major unnecessary ware and tear on the engine and transmission, you need a tune.

i seriously don't understand the stupid shit you guys want to do...

·
Registered
466 Posts
your car doesn't make enough power to need to remove rev limiter. so i don't see why it matters just because you think it will help.

but by all means if you insist on ******g up your engine and putting major unnecessary ware and tear on the engine and transmission, you need a tune.

i seriously don't understand the stupid shit you guys want to do...
your input is incredibly valuable, thanks for posting

·
Registered
9 Posts
Yeah rath seems like a dick, as far as I've read so far you can't, but Tom ...I believe his user name is 1turbofocus is working on it/might've already found out how, I just don't know how to sticky a thread to another thread

·
Old Phart
44,596 Posts
Tuning solutions are avail. depending on transmission type and factory tune "strategy", not all can have the limiter adjusted/removed to date.

·
Registered
1,129 Posts
Can't even spell Wear "ware" correctly and wants his opinion to be heard... Smh. Keep your attitude to yourself dude. This engine keeps pulling past redline, max I would go is 7,500 or less depending what Tom thinks is safe.

Sent from my SM-G900P using Tapatalk

·
FF Affiliate
30,144 Posts
He goes around doing that a lot , he is pissed at me , I mostly ignore him

You are correct the MK1 engine loves higher rpm and pulls good up there still , I would do about 7300-7400 , I am working on all strategys to be able to raise the limiter but very few MK3 Strategys I can raise the limiter yes , it is being worked on

Tom

·
Registered
9 Posts
So I'd my memory surfing me correctly and that you have done it on some of your tunes, you're just trying to get ahold of them to get their specs or something? Honestly I want to get rid of it for when in neutral just to Rev her up, because as far as it's current Rev limit I don't see there being much more power past red limit.

·
FF Affiliate
30,144 Posts
The MK3 engine needs to go to about 7000-7200 , it does very well above 6500

I wouldnt take the N rev limiter off , with out a load on the engine I would go past 4000 max

Tom

·
Registered
53 Posts
if you get toms tune, he may be able to bump up the rpm, my request to him was when i press the brake to the floor, while in drive, (2014 focus se hatch dct) the car goes into a neutral gear, where i can freely rev it up to around 4k rpm without it preloading the drivetrain, where it flattens off i would like it to have a popping limiter not a flat limiter, and id also like those rpms raised to maybe 4800 or so. im waiting for the tuning kit to arrive as ive already ordered it, if he can complete this task for me i will repost here and let you know.

21 - 40 of 43 Posts