Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello, i have a 2014 focus se with the pwershift auto.

In neutral, my car will only rev up to 4k. is there a way to remove that?

Please and thank you

·
Old Phart
44,596 Posts

·
Torretto!
3,879 Posts
But it sounds cool, 'yo. [unsure]

·
Registered
737 Posts
ok here's how to remove it.

step 1: Fill container with gas
step 2: Pour gas into engine bay
step 3: Light it and walk away
step 4: enjoy your removed limiter.

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Here's one recent thread on that:http://www.focusfanatics.com/forum/duratec-ti-vct-performance-2012-current/603281-revs.html?highlight=rev+limiter

It's a safety device to prevent engine/trans damage. Some actually use it as a type of unofficial "launch control", more discussion of that in the Drag Racing section.
i fully understand what it is. im not asking what it is. im asking how to remove it. i dont care if it wears the engine.

if your car has little power and a lot of traction, you need to rev up higher to get a better launch. that is my problem. i can launch my car at much higher RPM but its limited so i get slow underwhelming launches.

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
ask a stupid question, you get stupid answers.
that's how things usually work.
how is that a dumb question? that is a legit question. you obviously dont know how to launch cars allah huakbar

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I buy cars with manual transmission. Not silly crapomatics.
I also don't "launch" my car. it's a focus. its an econobox.
ok allah huakbar or speed bump or whatever is more useless and unwanted.

little cheap eco cars are fun especially the mk3 but since your ride goats your wouldnt know

·
Old Phart
44,596 Posts
That initial link posted included more info..

You can get a lot better "launch" by turning off the traction control, and "tuning" can get you firmer & quicker shifting. For many but not all yet the top RPM limit can be changed as well. Not so sure about the neutral limit, just hitting the pedal gets spinning tires in the first couple gears for most - can't do much better than that and engine mount changes are used to help put the power down.

If you want to rev it to the roof and watch it blow up in neutral, there was a good video linked in the 'fails' thread of a Honda doing that at a cruise in.

·
Registered
793 Posts
i fully understand what it is. im not asking what it is. im asking how to remove it. i dont care if it wears the engine.

if your car has little power and a lot of traction, you need to rev up higher to get a better launch. that is my problem. i can launch my car at much higher RPM but its limited so i get slow underwhelming launches.
Then here's my solution for you: Do a Snorkel Delete, and add... you know what, on second thought, just remove the air filter entirely, that'll get rid of restriction. Then add... I mean remove your exhaust, from the cat-back. That'll get rid of restriction. You'll really lay some rubber now. Then do a full interior gut... Fly to the moon!

·
Registered
314 Posts
I don't see why you guys are on this guy so ridiculously hard. Have some decency...honestly I feel like intervention by mod / admin should have happened a while ago. The question was made, just because you guys think it's useless doesn't mean he has to.

I've read a couple times about guys dumping the clutch with the MTX75 around 4800 for optimal launch at the drag strip, and even though the tires spin at lower RPM launches the engine still bogs as the RPM is too low once traction is available.

This thread quickly turned into a two person argument immediately with each of them taking jabs at each other. I think it is ridiculous to continue or for people to chime in the same way.

·
Torretto!
3,879 Posts

You are going to destroy your.clutches....go to the dragracing base for tips on launching the dct....are you disabling traction control

·
Torretto!
3,879 Posts

·
Registered
466 Posts
I don't see why you guys are on this guy so ridiculously hard. Have some decency...honestly I feel like intervention by mod / admin should have happened a while ago. The question was made, just because you guys think it's useless doesn't mean he has to.

I've read a couple times about guys dumping the clutch with the MTX75 around 4800 for optimal launch at the drag strip, and even though the tires spin at lower RPM launches the engine still bogs as the RPM is too low once traction is available.

This thread quickly turned into a two person argument immediately with each of them taking jabs at each other. I think it is ridiculous to continue or for people to chime in the same way.

correct

1 - 20 of 43 Posts