Focus Fanatics Forum banner

21 - 26 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
1,543 Posts
Yes the rear driver side bolt is always an issue. IT either breaks or hard time getting out.
Interesting, I didn't really encounter any problems when I did it, but I was definitely concentrating on keeping the bit square and seated. Also used a 1/2" extendable ratchet from HF to do it and that allows for pretty smooth application of torque.

I don't miss the rear seats at all, I never really want to have more than one passenger anyway, and if it comes to it somebody can easily sit back there on the floor anyway.

·
Registered
135 Posts
Seat belt removal?

So, this may be a little off the topic, abut does anyone know how to repair or remove the rear seat-belt mechanism (the one INSIDE the wider seat section)?
When I bought the Roush, the seat-belt was really tight against the seat fabric, and I tried to pull it out, but it was locked. I finally folded the seat forward and removed the whole (wider) side of the seat-back. However, I would like to get the seat-belt mechanism out and repair or replace it, because I still have children who need to ride back there...
I think what caused the problem is that the plastic ring around the opening broke and allowed the 'nub' (stop?) that is in the belt to go inside the retractor. Unfortunately, I don't know how to release the retractor, OR get it out of the seat (without damaging the upholstery).
Anyone had this before?
Thanks!

·
Registered
3 Posts
did you ever solve this? mine is noisy too. little deeper sound than a squeak. more like an "uuurh." It's coming from the seat back moving against the rod that goes across the bottom of the seat back...the hinge rod I guess you'd call it. I've thought about squirting some WD40 in there, but just don't know if that would do it or not.

·
Registered
846 Posts
did you ever solve this? mine is noisy too. little deeper sound than a squeak. more like an "uuurh." It's coming from the seat back moving against the rod that goes across the bottom of the seat back...the hinge rod I guess you'd call it. I've thought about squirting some WD40 in there, but just don't know if that would do it or not.
Mine was the latch for the seat backs. I put a little grease on the striker pins and it stopped.

21 - 26 of 26 Posts