Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Focus Rookie
181 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm looking at installing the Periphial PXDP2 iPod interface in my 2007 ZX3 w/ stock HU (Audiophile option). I looked at some rather vague installation instructions that said to remove the trim covering the radio mounting screws. [???:)]

I need to know how to remove said trim piece w/o screwing it up.

Anybody who's done this for a 2007 Fofo, that can provide info, I'd appreciate your help. Thanks!

·
Registered
16 Posts
The bezel around the radio and climate control just pops off. I just put some electrical tape on the end of a small screwdriver so I don't screw up the dash, and fit it in behind the bezel. The clips are in the top corners, and about 3/4 of the way on both sides.
When you get it off, all of the climate control stuff will be hooked up, as well as the 12v cig lighter. Just detach the 12v, and you can move the bezel right out of the way, giving you full access to the radio. You'll see the two screws on each side to detach the radio...
I just replaced my HU yesterday, so if you have any other questions, just let me know. There is also a HUGE amount of good info in the frequestly asked questions above all the posts...
Leon

·
Registered
41 Posts
There's a much easier way. Pull out the black plastic cubbyhole that's all the way at the bottom, you can do this easily with just your fingers. Put your hand into the hole and push the bezel out at the bottom. You can then easily pull it out the rest of the way.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Interesting, I wonder if Ford changed the design on the 2007. Mine is really easy to get out. I just have to put my fingers on the top lip and pull it down and out. Do have to pull fairly hard but it comes right out.

·
Registered
16 Posts
I messed with mine today while I was installing some infinity speakers... I couldn't get it out. In the 07, it has about 2+ inches between the cubbyhole and the stereo bezel... maybe they did change it.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Take a large flat head screw driver... put it in the gap between the silver bezel and the grey dash, pry it until you hear a audible pop.. then take your finger stick it behind the silver bezel and move it around the perimeter of the bezel.. theirs 4 clips, one in each corner... to remove the radio you need a 7mm socket and a longer extension.

·
Registered
422 Posts
To get the cubby hole, pull down on the top outer lip first.
Then, stick your hand in there and push up while pulling out.
There is a clip on the top and bottom.

Now, put you hand through that, and up to the dash piece around the cd player.

Push it out. Simple.

http://www.focusfanatics.com/forum/showthread.php?s=&threadid=36908

BTW, read the FAQ before posting, most questions are answered already!

·
Registered
1 Posts
I have 2007 Focus, I purchased a set of plastic tools to pop off the bezel: Amazon.com: Leegoal New Car Door Clip Panel Audio Video Dashboard Dismantle Kits Installer Pry Tool: Cell Phones & Accessories

I only ended up using one of the tools in the kit, but it was worth the purchase. I feel like I would have scratched something if I tried using a screwdriver or something metal.

I went into the dash to add an aux adapter for the radio and realized the screws that normally mount the radio are missing. I guess the previous owner didn't feel like putting them back on after doing something in there. Anyone know how can I find out what screws I need?

1 - 12 of 12 Posts