Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 20 of 58 Posts

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This is done on a right hand drive UK Focus. The process should be more or less the same, just take into account that some things may be flipped to the other side.

So below are the pieces that I'll show how to remove, labelled in order.

I started by removing the whole radio unit. This is really easy and takes about 20 seconds. Above the temperature control is a small piece that is easily removed with pliers. Behind this piece are 2 screws. Unscrew them and the whole radio unit can be pulled up and away from the car. Disconnect the harness behind the unit.

1.) Vent Trim Panels

These are attached to the radio unit, and can be popped off by simply pulling/prying from the bottom (label with an arrow above) moving upwards. If you come across a stubborn clip, get a flathead screw driver, get it between the radio unit and trim piece and push the clip inwards towards the vent opening.

2.) A/C Control Panel

There are 3 screws (indicated below). To access the side screw you will need to slightly pry the adjacent trim panel away. Once undone the panel can be wiggled out, disconnect the harnesses behind the panel and pull out of the console.

Behind the A/C control panel there are 4 screws (indicated) that will detach the knobs. The 2 sets of buttons below the knobs (also indicated) are removed by squeezing tabs on the backside.

3.) Shifter panel

To remove visit this how to, courtesy of Twenty

http://www.focusfanatics.com/forum/showthread.php?t=273852

So this is what your radio area would look like with everything removed. Circles indicate the radio screws, squares the A/C control panel screws

4.) Parking break piece

For this I just pryed the with a flathead on the side, near the bottom end. It popped out quite easily. I recommend not using too much force here, as it is not needed.

5.) Door trim

You must start prying at the front end (indicated by an arrow). Just because of how it sits in the door. The rear end is inserted into the door at an angle which prevents it from being pryed.

Enjoy! Feel free to ask questions.

·
Sonic's Mk3 Crew #17
4,888 Posts
Certainly looks easier than expected, thank you! I'll add one to your rep for this.

·
Registered
5 Posts
I'd like to say thanks for this fantastic how-to guide. I found it massively helpful when changing my radio/trim today.

Much obliged Sir!!

·
Registered
296 Posts
that DiNoc is smooth looking stuff! excellent job bro! I used your guide to remove the ebrake silver piece to cover it with black DiNoc. if you hadnt written this up I would have prob jsut done it in place not knowing it was removable.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Foliencenter24

Albert Alt GmbH
Ortsstraße 12a
66571 Eppelborn

Telefon: (+49) 6881 5390 215
Fax: (+49) 6881 5390 216

They have we shop.

I have ordered 3m-dinoc in White to do my interior, great wrapp. Looks cool too

·
Registered
16 Posts
My god... I tried this With metallic blue vinyl and could not get the vinyl to wrap nicely at all..... Epic fail

·
Vive Les Revolucion!
4,025 Posts
Question, does the automatic shifter bezel pop out the same as the manual? I tried earlier to get mine to pop, and it wouldnt budge (tho i did manage to get the gear indicator out, oddly enough)...

·
Registered
650 Posts
Same as chickens just reverse.

Thank you chicken if it wasn't or your pics I would have destroyed my car.

·
Registered
170 Posts
Good god. I would love to drive an English car or European car and see how long it takes to total it. Best part would be a manual transmission. It would be a disaster

·
Registered
650 Posts
Quite fun and does take. time. While stationed in Okinawa, I had a Datsun lol. Loved driving.

·
Registered
650 Posts
Only one more question I could not figure out how to take the piece out from center to the glove. I unbolted the screw from the center consoe but had trouble taking it out from the passenger side. Champaign piece. so i did not do it.

·
Registered
1,664 Posts
Only one more question I could not figure out how to take the piece out from center to the glove. I unbolted the screw from the center consoe but had trouble taking it out from the passenger side. Champaign piece. so i did not do it.
Not sure if this helps:

1 - 20 of 58 Posts