Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all,

The lights on the AC or Heat or rear defrot center panel are burnt. How do I replace them, anyone had remove the front panel? Thanks

·
Registered
16 Posts
i belive your talking about the pannel around the radio. first remove the radio with DIN removal tools(gat pick them up at atuo zone or wal mart) then there is 4 10mm bolts behind the radio. after that pry the pannel out with a screwdriver very slowly. when the pannel is out you will see the back of the heater guages anf there will be tork bolts holding it to the pannel. thats pretty much it, very easy once you get in there.

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Do I really need to remove the radio? I thought that the panel is only snap on. Can I remove the radio without the special tool? The panel is one piece that surrounds the radio and the AC knobs controls.

·
Registered
16 Posts
yes you have to remove the radio. the bolts are behind the radio, that hol dthe pannel down. and the DIN tool is only 5 bucks and yes you need it to reomve the radio. the din tools stick in the 4 little holes in the face of the radio.

·
Registered
25,627 Posts
That tool fits all Ford radios, so its good to have in the toolbox.

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Hello, I went to WalMart and did not find any tool you are referring to. Can you send me a picture of the actual tool? Thanks

·
Registered
503 Posts
heh. i made my radio removal tool. 1 coat hanger + wiresnips + minor bending = tool

Id suggest calling the local bone yard to get that cluster. dont go to your local stealership, they charge an arm and a leg for anything associated to that area.

ie: 70$ fan switch -_-

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
heh. i made my radio removal tool. 1 coat hanger + wiresnips + minor bending = tool

Id suggest calling the local bone yard to get that cluster. dont go to your local stealership, they charge an arm and a leg for anything associated to that area.

ie: 70$ fan switch -_-
Good idea! Could you send me a picture of your custom made tool? That is what I will do.

·
C2H5OH
11,867 Posts
I'm too lazy to add text right now, but you should get the basic idea.

·
Focus "Sleeper"
1,619 Posts
I would recomend just buying the tool. I have heard stories of people snapping the little tabs inside the radio with homemade tools, thus making the stock radio a permanant part of your car. Not worth saving $10

1 - 11 of 11 Posts