Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How would I go about removing the left over glue on my paint from the dealer sticker? I removed it while i was washing it, and I was unable to remove the glue. A quick response would be appreciated since I am afraid the glur may ruin the paint. Thanx.

·
OMGVTAK!
60,646 Posts
Get some Goo Gone or whatever that stuff is. I never got a dealer sticker cause I told the dealer beforehand that I didn't want one on my car. And then make sure you follow up with a little wax in that area.

·
Focus Addict
1,245 Posts
Better route would be Turtle Wax Bug and Tar remover in the yellow can. Gets everything off. And, leaves a wax finish. Good Luck.

Edit: BigBadWorm snuck in before me. Must have hit the post button a second before me. Haha Anyway, heating will work too.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
whoa!
you people must live here... quickest response yet! thanx!

·
Registered
565 Posts
i used "Adhesive & Wax Remover" from 3M when i debadged my car. just use that and a washcloth and it comes off just fine. once it's off just wax the spot you rubbed and the car looks like it never had the stickie stuff on it.

·
Registered
325 Posts
Some say "Goo Gone" will hurt the paint. I used "Goo Gone" and made sure to rinse well afterwards. No probs. Goo Gone good!

·
Registered
539 Posts
spot remover also works well

·
EvenDeathCan'tStopMe
4,894 Posts
Goo Gone ftw!

[thumb]

1 - 13 of 13 Posts