Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,222 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What do you need to remove in order to remove the firewall insulation?
Mine is really looking ratty,I want to clean up the engine bay a little more.
Someone emailed Me once about how to do it and I think it was only 2 things had to be taken off in order to do this,but I lost the message....does anyone know how?
Help appreciated.

·
BACON?
3,170 Posts
Pull? It should be pretty self explanatory. I took mine off with out removing anything. Use a knife to cut a slit for it to slide around the components. I left the insulation behind the fuse box and master cylinder, but you can not see it, easily.

·
Registered
1,222 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Pull? It should be pretty self explanatory. I took mine off with out removing anything. Use a knife to cut a slit for it to slide around the components. I left the insulation behind the fuse box and master cylinder, but you can not see it, easily.
LoL
I reckon cutting it should be easy enough!
I know someone else had said they removed 2 components,but this sounds easier.
Thanks,appreciated.

·
BLÄKNBLÜƎ
7,146 Posts
yea i cut mine and pulled it off in peices..undid the components in the way(i think it was a 10mm socket)...all went prity good...but those dam weird clips holding it on were a pita..scratched both strut towers at the top..so be carful there
Posted via FF Mobile

·
Thats What She Said
10,704 Posts
Is the fire wall insulation needed for any type of "Safety inspections" if you have them??

I have the whole motor out of my car for a rebuild and have thought about removing it but not sure of the pros or cons....

·
Hatch Nation #136
2,043 Posts
I'm not sure about on the 07, but on mine the EGR switch is attached to the firewall, which comes out with a 7mm socket, and I'm pretty sure the brake booster is bolted to the firewall, as well.

Both should be two bolts max and then you're in the clear.

·
R.I.P Kona
12,868 Posts
No its not needed for any inspections. As stated above comes out easy. I only removed the weird clips and just pulled it out. Got 100% of it off. Looks better. Didn't make the interior any louder either.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts