since I bent it when I hit the curve. I looked into all the how to's and google

and could not find my answer please help.[???:)]

thanks

John

·
C2H5OH
11,867 Posts
Oh this is an easy one, real easy.
If your lower support is bent already and has to be removed you're 90% there, as removing it is how you remove the radiator.
You'll have to take that plastic thing off the bottom of the bumper, which I can't remember how to do, shouldn't be too hard though. Then there are 4 bolts holding the lower support in place, remove those and it and the radiator will drop out of place. Then it's just re-assembly.

Just crawl under and have a look, you'll get it once you have a look.

If the radiator is all banged up too, the fans just lift out from the top side, there is a plastic latch on either side about half way up and the wiring connectors. And the radiator hoses should be self explanatory.

·
Registered
183 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Well I looked this morning and the Radiator is fine the only thing that I thin was bent was the small radiator or whatever it is infront of the radiator. But is not leaking and there is a good amount of space to push it forward. The radiator is just out of place I think if I buy the lower support all I have to do is put the radiator back into place and bing it should be easy. I guess the only question I had was if I had to remove the radiator from the top out of the car before removing the support bracket at the bottom?

·
C2H5OH
11,867 Posts
Nope, like I said the radiator comes loose from the bottom. Then out the top if you'd so wish, but you won't have to remove it or anything from it.

Other thing I'd do if I was you is to use a piece of string/old belt/old shoe lace or something to tie the radiator up in place. Just wrap it from around the top support to under the radiator. Really won't take much to hold it up, just makes it easier to line the top pins up if you're doing the job as one man.

That thin radiator, is the A/C condenser. The bare tubing that snakes around is the power steering cooler, pathetic I know.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts