Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Im new to the focus world but im looking to add an oem roof wing and I am unclear of what is needed to do and what is involved. 09 se 4dr no factory wings currently

17x7.5 sparco 5 spoke rims 50,35,20%tint
going to lower in spring not sure on brand
ddm hid's in factory headlights

·
Registered
725 Posts
well to be honest your going to have to drill into the room to mount it that would mean taking the head liner out, making a template of the holes and lots of measuring and maybe some sealer and that's all subjective to my opinion lol

·
Registered
378 Posts
Mumford is right. The factory roof spoiler is actually secured to the roof with nuts/bolts and double stick tape/sealer. You must remove the headliner and actually drill holes into your roof.

·
Registered
1,391 Posts
Umm... I didn't remove the headliner, there was no need to. If you guys are stating to remove the headliner to remove all the metal filings from drilling, a magnet on a stick will take care of that no problem.

Dylan, if you obtain a complete OEM accessory kit for the roof spoiler, it will include everything you need to do the install, including the nuts, bolts, double sided tape, and drilling template. The only thing it does not include is metal coating to keep the now bare metal from where you drilled from rusting. I used some POR15 we had around the garage to do that job, but you can find many other suitable coatings by googling.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts