Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 20 of 50 Posts

·
Registered
183 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello guys.. I need some advice as far as how can we make it REALLY HARD for someone to steal the stereo system on a Ford focus Zx3.

Thanks

John

·
Registered
338 Posts
there isn't a whole lot you can do. If you make it too hard to remove they will just end up destroying your interior trying to get it out and likely ruin your gear just to spite you. The best defense is to not stand out, don't have gear visible, don't have your stereo cranked in your neighborhood or anywhere you will be parking for a while. Make a fake faceplate out of a broke stock radio, I did that once and it worked great.

In my car I am keeping the factory unit and adding a line driver with aux input so I can run an amp upgraded speakers and sub. Nobody will even be able to tell from outside of the car.

·
Registered
433 Posts
Get a security system with glass break sensors, door open sensors, and a shakes system. Most head units also have a place where you can attach them with a bolt. Also I would bolt or screw everything down to the car so it can't just be lifted out of the car.

·
Registered
687 Posts
have a sign on your car saying this car is secured by ******* with gun,lol Get a viper alarm.

·
Registered
743 Posts
not standing out is the best defence. my sister's "friend" came to see her once and they broke into his shit the same day at the movies. They his took his speaker box amps and head unit.

·
Lurking
1,999 Posts
well like everyone said get an alarm... and if you want to make things harder for them get tamper prof bolts. that will give you a slim line of defense... but other than that your on your own.. i try to not leave my car in a place i feel it might get broken in to... but i had mine broke in to in my front yard.... and i live in a very nice part of town if a crack head wants in to your car they are going to get in and take what they want..... it sucks but i have full coverage on my SVT and they payed for my losses....

·
Registered
637 Posts
Slap one of these bad-boys to your back window.

Came across these helpful steps , #6 was a neat idea.

1) Get a good car security system. And when you do, make sure you activate it always. A lot of people are funny. They'll buy a good car security system but will often forget to use it.

2) Buy car audio units that have theft-deterrence systems. These come in different designs. There is certainly one out there that will suit your taste.

3) Pack your car in well-lit areas.

4) Avoid flashy stickers. They attract attention. You don't want to give thieves such "steal me" signals.

5) Remember to lock your car always.

6) While installing your car audio equipment, try to use screws that have uncommon heads. If you use standard screws, you make it easy for thieves. If you use, say, a hex-head, you make it much more difficult for thieves for the simple reason that they're less likely to have such bits. Or install one side with hex, and star on the other side.

7) In spite of all these you may still lose your stuff. That's why you need to get a car insurance policy that also takes care of your car audio equipment completely. It's not just about getting a comprehensive plan. How comprehensive is your comprehensive policy? Read the fine lines and make sure you are truly covered. It's painful to discover later that your comprehensive policy does not cover your custom stereo.

·
Registered
2,416 Posts
Keep a black bear in your backseat like Borat did

·
Registered
183 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks for all of the replies. I have tinted my car, I bought a Viper Car Alarm, when I installed my stereo I installed it at my moms house which is 10 miles away from where I live. I also turn my stereo off 4 blocks away from comming to my house. I am havin a hard time finding the bolts would home depot have this bad boys?

I love the sticker advised... Lol..

Thanks,

John

·
I.S.A.I.K.I.
5,413 Posts
This may seem funny but I had a buddy that put metal grating between the backseat and the trunk completely around his equipment. He then bolted that grating to the seat anchors and such. It may sound like an eyesore, but he painted it black so it wasn't that bad. It proved to be one hell of an investment when someone busted the trunk lock on his Civic. They couldn't even touch the stuff. hah hah

·
Lurking
1,999 Posts
Thanks for all of the replies. I have tinted my car, I bought a Viper Car Alarm, when I installed my stereo I installed it at my moms house which is 10 miles away from where I live. I also turn my stereo off 4 blocks away from comming to my house. I am havin a hard time finding the bolts would home depot have this bad boys?

I love the sticker advised... Lol..

Thanks,

John
they might. you would probably have better luck at a store that only sells bolts... u can ask the people at home depot and if they don't have any ask if they know where u could find some. and if you still can't find em i know i can get them so just pm me and i could go pick u some up and mail it to you.

·
Registered
1,484 Posts
I have seen a thread on here of someone putting a blue light that flashes somewhere on their dashboard, resembling a security system. I'm sure this will detour thief's from taking advantage of your fofo

·
Registered
2,859 Posts
I have seen a thread on here of someone putting a blue light that flashes somewhere on their dashboard, resembling a security system. I'm sure this will detour thief's from taking advantage of your fofo
And all they have to do is bump the car and and see that it doesnt actually have a security system and then they can get back to stealing your stuff. Just spend the money and get a real good security system.[thumb]

·
Registered
183 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Thanks.. I am just now here in the Hospital before a surgery and it helps to be reading some of this stuff. Nothing major guys just a small procedure. I will send you guys some pics of my stereo system. I went ahead and bought and MTX box that will fit right on to the side left on the back of my car, Then I bolted my Kicker Amp to the back of the car seat. I think I will be fine.

·
Registered
3,487 Posts
There are plenty of ways to secure stuff inside your car.....obviously this won't prevent the bad guy from doing a lot of expensive damage once he starts on your car.....

The idea is to show him your car is well protected, and hope he will try for an easier target......there's plenty of them. This only works if the guy has any reasoning ability left.

A flashing interior light, an alarm system that signals with a noise or light when someone gets close....other methods. They serve as a warning before any damage is done. I have several lights on the front of my house that light up the Focus at night.....whenever anyone gets within 20 feet or so.

I think visually obvious expensive audio equipment is the biggest attraction for thieves. Keeping the stuff out of sight goes a long way to keeping your car untouched.

·
Registered
2,595 Posts
detachable face plates and dont blast you sub to close to home no matter what time of day. there was a thread not to long ago about someons car getting broken into. they broke the back side window put the seat down and pulled the sub out. obviously who ever stole it knew it was there cause they heard it...

or FTMFW!!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
9,084 Posts
Simple, don't advertise with stickers or come with your stereo blasting through your neighborhood. And also, KEEP IT OUT OF SIGHT!!! I learned that the hard way...

1 - 20 of 50 Posts