Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
292 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This has been one of the things on my to do list, I don;t really wanna spend the money for a 65mm so how do you port the stock tb? What are to power gains if any?

·
FF #1 Most Wanted
6,890 Posts
I don't think you'll get any power gains. Jus better throttle response.
I'm sure someone here has done the TB porting and then bought the 65mm TB.
They will be the best to answer your question for both TB's and their effects.

·
Registered
115 Posts
i ported my TB and there are little power gains i felt a little bit of lower rpm resopnse, and for high it was better aslo.

·
Registered
4,326 Posts
well first you have to get the throttle off the mani..

ok looking into it, youll see that the whole doesnt match the vavle thing. the whole is like an oval. the vavle is a cirlce.. youll want to dremmel out the rest of the side to make it fit the throttle vavle. but first make sure you put eproxy on the out side of that wall.. make it about a 1/2" thick.. then let it dry for about 12-24 hours.. if you have the fast drying stuff.. takes about 2 hours. start to dremmel out that side of the circle to make it a complete circle. youll notice that youll dremmel down to the eproxy.. thats fine.. thats what its there for.. now you have a ported throttle body!
good luck

·
Registered
116 Posts
I heard that if you port the throttle body it throws the reading off because it's made to let a set amount of air in. but i guess if it works it works

·
Registered
1,328 Posts
someone has pics and a how-to somewhere. hmm that was kinda general. i plan on doing it myself soon. fokuz explained it well, but it's stil hard to explain without seeing it.

·
Registered
3,861 Posts
it wont throw any readings off. the maf is before the throttle body.

it is indented to delay airflow for a smoother drive. there is a technical term for the Air Redirection Indentation Unit. but for all immediate purposes, we shall refer to it as ARIU....

any fokuz nailed it. fill the dent with epoxy and dremel away as much as u can. it will make somewhat of a funnel shape down to the butterly.

hit up www.focustrends.com u can buy one from there or just use the picture to see what it should look like when ur done....

good luck fillin and shaving that ARIU!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts