Focus Fanatics Forum banner

81 - 100 of 367 Posts

·
Registered
4,340 Posts
if i send some lights to you heeltoe, can you do it for me? I'm way too scared to **** up my lights. Plus I dont have the facilities.

·
.....NObama.....
1,875 Posts
hey blight did you do yours just like the how to? seems like I can see that black trim a little more pronounced than heeltoe's..............

how hard is it to paint the grill? I HATE that chrome grill, I'd love it if I could get rid of all the chrome on the car. What kind of paint, how hard is it to paint, anyone done it?

·
Registered
864 Posts
i have painted my grill. It wasnt bad at all, scuff up the plastichrome with something, then a couple layers of adhesion promotor, then a couple layers of color, then a couple layers of clear. actually i painted the big ford emblem black also, looks pretty cool, but since the name ford is kindof raised, even though i have it painted you can still see "ford" when you look at the emblem at the right angle. but. the bad thing is, i am constantly using a cue tip to touch up rock chips, and when i mean chips i just dont mean small ones, but usually you get a dime sized hunk of chrome showing through the black. i'm actually on my 3rd complete respray of the grill because of chips in the paint. if i were you, i would spit out the 50 bucks and go to newfordparts.com and order a black (ebony) grill!!!

If you have any more questions about this, pm me i'll be happy to take pics, or do a write up.[thumb]

·
Registered
373 Posts
Discussion Starter #86
reed122 said:
if i send some lights to you heeltoe, can you do it for me? I'm way too scared to **** up my lights. Plus I dont have the facilities.
Well I guess you could, but I wouldn't feel right doing it either. I mean if I mess up my own lights I can deal with it but if its some one elses I'd feel really bad and would be obligated to replace them.

And as far as facilities goes I did this in at my 2 apparment, nothing special required. And as far as the tools goes. Yuo can get a kits with everthing you need at wal-mart for under $20.

·
Registered
4,340 Posts
Dude, I don't have an oven that works, lol. I haven't baked something in my house for almost a year. I've been doing most of my cooking at my GF's house, and her mom won't let me put my headlights in her oven, lol. Screw it, I guess.

·
Registered
464 Posts
hey onyx flash....how does it look when the turn indicators are blinking? if possible id like to see a pic. i dont really see why the "po po's" would throw a hissy fit about it. there is still a turn indicator. since im here how long did it take you to do it? im thinking about doing it maybe wednesday or friday of this week. curious about the time so i can set it aside you know?

·
Registered
489 Posts
Oh Snap!

·
Banned
4,483 Posts
bwahahah, you just laid a line from VDub on me, ouch man, really ouch.

Its not rice I don't think. I am getting a lip like yours, but I am leaving my grille stock for now, so ha on you. lol

·
Registered
489 Posts
whaaaat? I like it. I think it looks good! wasnt easy was it?!

·
Banned
4,483 Posts
Took 6.25 hrs!!!!!!!!!!!! After I found a tip on here stating "just pry the bottom apart first, then get the rest really hot then just peel it off with some elbow grease......"

Before that, it took me 2 hrs to get the first light apart.......and I wish I could have waited to clean the inside better before I re-attached and siliconed them back up..........

AND WHO EVER THOUGHT TO PUT THAT ONE BOLT ALL THE WAY UP AND UNDER THE FENDER NEEDS TO BE CANED!!!!

I know you only have to do it once, but my goodness.........but they look really cool........and I know they attract a more sporty attention to your ride, especially with just the fogs and running lights on......looks mean coming up behind people............now everyone wants to race.

By the way, a cool side effect is the lenses now have a cool slight chameleon effect to them, that you can only see in the sunlight, sweet....[^]

·
Registered
489 Posts
Yea that bolt is a pain... also the person who designed that Crome grill that comes with all the 05 foci except the ST's needs to be CAN'd as well..

·
Registered
298 Posts
Here are my results. Instead of blacking them out i painted them with the matching color of my car. Was hard to find but worked out well. Let me know what you think.

·
Registered
295 Posts
^that looks really good, can you get a pic when they are not orange because of the sunset pls [:I]

I would like to see them nice and clear :).

·
Registered
489 Posts
Karniv04 that looks DAMN good brutha!

·
Registered
30 Posts
I went and bought the stuff to do this mod, and then got started and quit while trying to get that damn bolt off inside the fender. Did you guys use a 10mm wrench or a socket set? I couldn't get to it with the socket wrench. I guess I'll purchase a 10mm wrench and try again.

·
Registered
489 Posts
Use the 10mm wrench. Only way to do it.

81 - 100 of 367 Posts