41 - 60 of 367 Posts

·
Registered
489 Posts
Let me just say that it was not easy =)

·
Registered
595 Posts
i realy felt like quitting half way thru the first light.

·
Registered
489 Posts
Hahha as did I. I did 1 light a day. The second light was much easier when i knew what i was doing. But still a pain in the butt. I have people sending me PM's saying that they will mail me head lights if i'll crack them open and paint the lights for them =)

·
Registered
345 Posts
That looks so good. Damn, I'm going to do it too. Oh, btw, how much do oem headlights cost from Ford, ne1 kno (in case I mess up, lol)?

PS: The 05+ Focis are starting to look bad ass.

·
Registered
572 Posts
Might i recommend using a high temp paint for the headlights? because that housing will get very hot if you drive very far at night.... and low temp paint could crack and flake... just an idea....

·
Registered
650 Posts
nice looking... makes me wish I had a black car... but I have a silver one like heeltoe... :)

heh, now if you all would get smoked turn lenses... :)

·
Registered
444 Posts
mine is the liqued grey and im thinking about painting mine grey to match the car but im using red accent colors on it (black and red seats, silver and red petals ect.) and im thinking about making the tear part of the light red ( the little triangle shape on the top corners ) to match the rest but im afraid if i take em apart im going to screw em up lol.

·
Registered
489 Posts
^^^^true story!

·
Banned
4,483 Posts

[cheers]

My front end should look like that by yrs end, I think I am going to go ahead and paint my headlights this week, maybe tonight...

has anyone had any problems?

·
Registered
373 Posts
Discussion Starter #56
Well been sporting them the longest out of the 05's on the site and thus far I have'n had any issues with peeling, bubbling, fading or anyhting of the sort. Still looks good after several months.

-Matt

·
Registered
489 Posts
Yup same here HeelToe. No problems at all!

·
Registered
325 Posts
OOOPS... i forgot them in the oven and I burnt them. [joke]
thats pretty cool though. might try it and save some money. Looks good man

·
Registered
325 Posts
well dont mean to post again, but dif day so...Just wanted to say it was a piece of cake. Real easy to do and saved some extra cash. looks good. The only problems I had was trying to convince the wife to let me put my head lights in her oven, but they turned out good even she liked them. A++ on the tip thanks

41 - 60 of 367 Posts