Focus Fanatics Forum banner

21 - 40 of 367 Posts

·
Registered
373 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
I couldn't say if it would or not. I seemed to remember some one doing this on a HID set, it was much more involved since there are more parts you have to disasemble on the actual lamp assembly.

-Matt

·
Registered
20 Posts
I am painting my headlights right now, i just finished the last coat on the lights...

one question, do you peel off all the old seal/gasket? or did you just leave it on?

also, thanks for the great how-to, it was pretty much as straight forward as you wrote it, the oven thing worked great, i had to reheat them a few times, but by the second light i had it down and off well, i was too nervous to take a scuff pad to the lights cause i didnt want to mess up the finish, so i just painted a lot of coats. it looks great, ill post some pics of it when its done. check out my gallery for pics of before the mod

·
Registered
595 Posts
trying this out today

·
GO Green
11,148 Posts
scrammer said:
this would lok great on my black svt. i already have custom eyelids, this would only compliment the HID's even more. great write up!!!
i dont know...HIDs are alittle bit more expensive then the stock headlights, i probably wouldnt mess with them, god forbig if they got messed up. Im sure they would look awesome though, black them out, then get those black euro tail lights from european parts and it would look sick. But me, i dont think id do it lol....maybe find some used lights and practice first lol.

·
Registered
489 Posts
Wow man! Thanks for that How-To. I have a new project for tomorrow as long as my motor mounts dont come in the mail =P

·
Registered
629 Posts
That looks REALLY nice!! Good write-up too. Could you, instead of painting them black, paint them the same color as your car? To match?

·
Registered
595 Posts
getting the seal to break is a pita. I'm still on the first one .

·
Registered
489 Posts
You could probably just use a Heat gun to heat up that seal to break it.

·
Registered
595 Posts
I found that it was easier on the second light if I put it in 6min intervals, and broke the seal until the lights cooled down. fairly quick. I didnt have to keep sticking it in for 15mins at a time like I did with the first light...now to the paint.

·
Registered
595 Posts
blight<~~~~~~~~your ride is sweet, cant wait to see your headlights done.

·
Registered
489 Posts
hahah thanks Onyx. Wow I did one head light today and boy was that seal a pain in the butt. I wanted to die instead of take that light apart. Anyway, the RTV is drying and ill get to the second light tomorrow. Partly because it started to rain and i just dont feel like doing another light right now. Im excited about getting this project completed!!

·
Registered
595 Posts
complete. yes sir those things are sweet. I did paint it a diff way than some of you have got em, frankly i think mine look sleeker IMO. will post pics tonight.

·
Registered
489 Posts
Whelp boys and girls, here is the finished product!!

Thanks again for the how-to budday!

·
Registered
595 Posts
Look ya'll I dont care about the fuzz so I chose this route, and I'm lazy so I said "F" the masking of the turning signal.

·
Registered
359 Posts
This would also look totally awesome with Sylvania Silverstar 3157 bulbs in the front turn lights - the bulbs look blue when they're not turned on, but light up amber, as is legal. I think a black car or dark grey would really look nice with no amber showing?

21 - 40 of 367 Posts