Focus Fanatics Forum banner

201 - 220 of 367 Posts

·
Registered
186 Posts
took the lights apart the other day. plan on doing a projector retrofit. anyway, i put the oven at 300, and it only took two times in and out to get them apart. If you are lazy and impatient, 300 degrees is perfect. if you are patent, then 200 will work fine
Retrofit the 05+? Put some pictures please!

·
Registered
81 Posts
thats the plan, im still waiting on the projectors themselves. I went with a porsche ECE spec bi-xenon projector set. a little extra $$$, but worth it i think.

·
Registered
81 Posts
as do i, would make the whole procedure a lot easier

·
Banned
180 Posts
fusion.. sticks to plastic my ass!
his shit looks terrible!
I scuffed it up with steel wool and wiped down all the surface and the paint just doesnt stick well at all.

·
Registered
200 Posts
biggest pain in the ASS gettin the headlights apart but the rest was easy thanks

·
Registered
466 Posts
i'd really like this done to my car. there's a lot of chrome showing. i think painting it black would look nice with the paint and black parts. it's just too much work for me.

·
Registered
191 Posts
headlights

Do the modified headlights decrease in actuall light on the road? I want to do this mod but I like the amojnt of brightness on the road. I know the chrome projects light more, and when it becomes black, it will produce less light. won't it?

·
Registered
27 Posts
i started this today, i almost didn't do this because of everyone that talked about how hard it was to get the headlights apart, but my headlights came apart really easy, if everything goes this good, this could be the easiest mod ive done yet

·
Registered
191 Posts
Does it decrease the amont of light transmitted onto the street or not? I know it takes away lots of the silver part that reflects the lights so that is why. Let me know!

·
Banned
180 Posts
no, it doesnt effect it. if you look at everybody's pictures you can see that the reflector for the main light is left unpainted. the rest of the 'chrome' is decorative.

·
Registered
428 Posts
that looks bad ass, I might do that till they come out with hid lights for that model

·
Registered
689 Posts
what you got the oven on ? try prying ?

I wanna do it but im scared to make dots on my so sexy clear lense

201 - 220 of 367 Posts