Focus Fanatics Forum banner

181 - 200 of 367 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
anyone with a fsonic blue focus done this yet?i know it looks great on the black cars, but i am thinkin about doing this to mineand im liking the whole clear look that i have with my clear turn signals... but wouldnt mind giving it a change

·
AKA Fast_Focus
6,089 Posts
I think it'll look good man... I have a liwuid grey car and it looks really badass.... just look at my avatar... thats what mine looks like now! sonic blue would look just as hot...

·
Registered
39 Posts
I did the lights today... WOW WHAT A PITA it is splitting the light halves... people werent lieing at all when they said it sucked...

But it looks sooo sweet!

I turned it up to 300 and the second one slid right apart! The first one i did at 200, 225, 275 and then 300...

I think IF I ever did another set... IF... I'd try it at 300 to start for 15 minutes and pull... hard...

It took 2 hours to get the first one apart and 10 minutes and one heat cycle on the second one!!!

It looks soooo sweet thought... worth every hour and the stab in the arm from a slipped screwdriver!

·
Registered
580 Posts
^^ I hear ya there, once you learn how to open the second light based on the trials of opening the first one up its a piece of cake. Seriously though, anyone reading this trying to do the headlight mod, set the oven to 300, put the light in for 15 minutes and start opening the light at the bottom first, way easier.

·
Registered
39 Posts
^^^^ TOTALLY

I started at the sharpest corner, but mangled the first one... not too bad but enought to where i should of wrapped it in ducktape and heated it back up to re old it.

My second one looks ok put back together.

Just do the 300 for 15 miutes
SSOOOOOO much easier!

This looks very good on my Black 07 SE

·
Registered
95 Posts
man i dont think i could do this....i have eyelids on my headlights and they are basically a really dark tint..prolly melt to them or somthing

·
Registered
186 Posts
Gosh. Just did this mod 2 nights ago!
I swear, I WILL NEVER TAKE THE HEADLIGHTS APART AGAIN!
it wasn't much of a pain to get them apart, but sure did used a bit of muscles. Putting them back in is a PITA.

I didn't buy Krylon paint either. I got some spray paint from Home Depot. Which is supposed to be used on Wood, Metal etc, but head resistant though.

The first layer I sprayed was a complete failure. Even after I sand the bracket, the paint just won't stay on it. But after 3-4 coating, it is beautiful. Complete black right now.

These 2 days have been snowing like there is no tomorrow, and I notice a bit of water vapour in them. I think I'm just going to bare with it until summer, when I will use hair dryer to blow them dry.

·
FocusFreak
2,438 Posts
i did this mod and love the results. Did you guys take out all the old black sealant around the lens and housing? I did, and it made it much easier to get them back together. I obviously ended up using more silicone, but hopefully the seal will be better and I won't have condensation problems on the insides.

·
Registered
73 Posts
What do I need to paint a rear bumper. I brought a new rear bumper and would like to paint it myself snice it costs so much to have a a pro. to paint it.

What are the methods????

Grey paint and?????

What are the step to follow?

[email protected]

Thank you!

·
Registered
373 Posts
Discussion Starter #194
UPDATE:

Well its been a long time since I've posted on the site or even visted for that matter. Anyways I've been having no issues at all since performing this mod over a year ago. Paint is still holding on just fine and I haven't seen any cracking, yellowing, or "smoking" of the clear plastic.

-Matt

·
Registered
21 Posts
just seeing that lamp in the oven was hilarious, but it worked great and those are some wicked "new hotness of headlamps" lmao

·
Registered
59 Posts
I havn't seen this done for my head lamps yet. I have an 03. So I am wondering if anybody has head lamps like mine and what they have done as far as painting them.

·
Registered
186 Posts
Honestly, if I were you, I would rather buy a pair of 03/04 headlights (they are already "painted"). I sold a pair for $50 about 6 months ago.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Can I do this mod to my 2007ST? I'm having trouble finding aftermarket exterior stuff for it. I want to change the outside a little and leave it mostly stock. I'm gonna make it a sleeper when i have the time.

·
Registered
1,078 Posts
Can I do this mod to my 2007ST? I'm having trouble finding aftermarket exterior stuff for it. I want to change the outside a little and leave it mostly stock. I'm gonna make it a sleeper when i have the time.
yes, this mod can be done to all 05+ focus models.

·
Registered
81 Posts
took the lights apart the other day. plan on doing a projector retrofit. anyway, i put the oven at 300, and it only took two times in and out to get them apart. If you are lazy and impatient, 300 degrees is perfect. if you are patent, then 200 will work fine

181 - 200 of 367 Posts