Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just was getting into my car after doing some errands. And my driver's side door would not open. It was making a loud pop noise as if it was trying to grab whatever mechanism but would slip. So I want to get in and take a look but with the door stuck closed how am I going to get the panel off? Is there some other way to get the door open to make accessing the panel easier?

·
Registered
116 Posts
try pushing the door inward b4 grabbing the handle. also try locking then unlocking it.

·
Registered
10 Posts
This happened on my rear passenger door. I'm not sure if it will work on the front door, but I used needle-nosed pliers and turned the panel screws loose. This was difficult because I could only turn them a very small turn at a time. I also scratched the paint a little but some touch up paint should take care of it. I also had to break the door mechanism off to unlock the door because the child safety lock was accidentally locked and the power lock kept blowing a fuse. That shouldn't be a problem with the front door though. There may be an easier solution, but I couldn't figure it out. Good luck.

·
Registered
438 Posts
You did try the inside handle, right?
Try locking and unlocking as others have said.
Last hope is removing the door panel like focustang2000 says.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
You did try the inside handle, right?
Try locking and unlocking as others have said.
Last hope is removing the door panel like focustang2000 says.

Does not work from the either side. I'm going to attempt working on it this week, and lucky for me I get to endure the lovely 115 degree phoenix heat while working inside my car.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts