Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
301 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I want to make a shorter antenna on my zx3

This car is coming along slowly. Anything else that may look good to do to it?

And then I have this one. Completely Stock. Where to start on small mods?

Im thinking i want a different bumper on the zx3 but i would want to paint it myself. Know of anyway to paint it well so it looks good? I also want to paint all the trim. Thanks guys. Use the below link since i can't seem to get the pictures to work.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/[email protected]/6082303419/in/photostream/

·
So mote be it
8,950 Posts
Flickr isnt the best for sharing in the forum, photobucket is easier for that.

A shorter antenna on the zx3 is easy. You simply unscrew the antenna, then once its off the car you cut it down to however short you want it. Remove the rubber tip from the section you cut off (i had a hack saw handy, quick job) and I just crazy glued it on top of my new, shorter antenna. Others have bought shorty antenna's from CFM, ebay or even autozone.

Some experience dropped reception but I live in a flat city and my reception is still great.

·
Registered
301 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Flickr isnt the best for sharing in the forum, photobucket is easier for that.

A shorter antenna on the zx3 is easy. You simply unscrew the antenna, then once its off the car you cut it down to however short you want it. Remove the rubber tip from the section you cut off (i had a hack saw handy, quick job) and I just crazy glued it on top of my new, shorter antenna. Others have bought shorty antenna's from CFM, ebay or even autozone.

Some experience dropped reception but I live in a flat city and my reception is still great.
if i bought the other antenna (shorty one) would reception be as good?

·
So mote be it
8,950 Posts
I cant say, you can try searching around. Here is a thread where some people expierenced reception loss, try asking in there or searching for other threads. It's going to depend on where you live. I was able to get all of my preset stations with the antenna off of the car, so obviously I have no issues.

All the stock antenna is, is a piece of what im going to call fiberglass with a thin wire running up the center of it. I would expect a shortened antenna and a purchased antenna will get about the same reception.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts