Focus Fanatics Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
400 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
OK , so i got my volant intake,Im happy .Open up the box, the intructions are lets say...........NOT GOOD!!
Its only a little diagram with hardly no instructions!!!.Now i looked around the web and I found a little more info on myfordfocus.com but it shows also something about an svt snorkle.So Please!!!.If anybody can look at that diagram and its ok, please let me know, or if you have a better diagram or instructions or a web site,it will be greatly appreaciated!!!.

Thanks.[?|]

·
12 years strong
6,882 Posts
its pretty easy. just take out ur stock air box and hose that connects to ur throttle body. then for the snorkle, there r like 2 little screws that attatch it where the mouth is. unscrew those and it should come out with some persuasion. ive got the focus central cai but its just like the volant.

·
Mr. Wizard
937 Posts
you need to take the stock peices off of the car first. Remove the MAF Sensor plug and then the MAF sensor from the stock tubing. Then, attach the larger rubber couple (There are two I think, you want the one that looks more like a piece of cut hose, and not the one that looks like an actual fabricated piece) to the fat end of the volant pipe, two hose clamps will be used on that end, one to hold the volant side and rubber together and the other to hold the throttle body and rubber together. Then, connect the MAF sensor to the volant box which I believe requires that the piece INSIDE the volant that will hold the filter be in place. Then connect the other rubber coupling to the hose and the MAF sensor and clamp together. Then put the filter on the thing in the box, and clamp that. Oh and if you didn't already, get the damn rubber surround on there before you attach the box to anything.

·
Registered
456 Posts
A rubber hammer is good for helping that rubber surround on. [;)]

The instructions on myfordperformance for the Volant and SVT snorkle install has the correct directions for removing the stock intake.

After that do pretty much what RPIJG said.

When you put the MAF onto the box you gotta slid it into the filter and stuff, it helps to have another pair of hands. So one of you holds the filter and stuff while you screw the MAF onto the box.

It is pretty straight forward to get the Volant put together. If you can't get the peice of fuel line they gave you for between the TB and their plastic intake tube on the pipe, spray a little WD40 on the pipe. Make sure when you stick in down on the TB that it has a good even seal so you don't get a vacum leak.

Also, the hose that comes out of the block and connects to the stock air box where that little filter is, that's the breather hose. You gotta take the 90 degree elbow out of the stock airbox and put it on the Volant, however Volant in all their genius put it on the other side of the airbox from the stock one. (THe stock was closer the rear of the car) So you breather hose might not be long enough. You have two options, A) Just buy a longer peice of hose B) Just buy a special breather filter for it.

With option A you'll want to check the airbox every once in a while and wipe the oily residue the breather puts out (That's why the stock one had a filter). The breather also puts out hot air too.

I did option B.

·
Registered
400 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
UPDATE!!!
Well I was able to install the volant.Its was not that complicated, then again not that easy.It took me like an a hour to get everithing in.The only thing I thought was weird, was that the rubber surround was a little bigger than the hole in the air flow box.Should i cut it so it fits perfectly,in the mean time the excess, i just tucked it on the side in the filter.I did a good 1/2 test drive with it.I will post the results on a separate post. Again, my thanks go out to all of you kind enough with ideas and better ways to finish the install.
Thanks!!!

·
Mr. Wizard
937 Posts
just trim the surround, they give you extra so that you don't end up short. That's all.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts