Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
so i bought a tach for my focus and need some help installing it. i also bought a tach adaptor for it. so what you got for me? the instuctions tell me to the ecu but i dont know what wires im sopose to wire it into.

·
Registered
278 Posts
there is a how to thread on it in the how to section.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
so i've looked all over for a how to on installing my tach and CANT find anything so some please help.....

·
Registered
1,192 Posts
I went to their web-site and looks like it won't work with focus, at least they don't list it there.
They only ones that work that i know of are Ford Racing and MSD. Ford Racing is the easiest to hook up, so i would return sunpro and get FordRacing.

·
Registered
137 Posts
i had a sunpro and ended up throwing it out, could get any help to hook it up on this forum in stores etc.... The fofo has 4 ignition coils, dont know which one to hook it to.

·
Registered
146 Posts
i had no luck installing my tach either so if i want to see my tach i just use the instrument cluster digital tach cheat its easy to do if you dont know how to just let me no and ill explain it

·
Registered
1,343 Posts
Unless I am mistaken, you can get a tach signal from the coil. I used this to get a tach signal to trigger the MSD RPM switch on my previous SVT intake swap.
The Sunpro must have three wires-12v, ground and signal (this one is probably green).
Look at the connector at the coil-it will have three wires (you may have to unwrap some of the tape). One wire should be green w/black. This is the signal. Splice into this wire for the tach signal, then run the wire into the interior. The power/ground should be easy-just make sure it's live on start/run.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts