Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi i jus got 2 subs (audiobahn 1100W) and an amp for it
and i hav no idea how to install them...
i hav some cables..i hav the cables that go from the subs to the amp but thats it..
help..?

·
Registered
2,859 Posts
I swear one of these days I am just gonna make a stickie for this. So many people ask this question.

Back to the question...You have the power cable, runs from the amp to the positive terminal on the battery. There should be a fuse holder inline with it too. Leave the fuse out till you are done with the install. Next is the ground. Should be the same thickness as the power. It should be less then 2 feet. Run it to the chasis or bolt. It MUST be bare metal...so if there is paint, sand it off. Next are the RCA's. They are the red and black wires. Those go to the back of the stereo, but if you don;t have an aftermarket stereo you must get a line output convertor(LOC). That will tap into your rear speaker wires and give you the output RCA's you need. Ok next is the Remote turn on or the P. conn. This tells the amp when to turn on and off. If you have an aftermarket stereo there will be a wire that you can connect it too. If it is stock you can run the wire to a fuse that is on when the car is on. As for the subs, run positive to positive and negative to negative. Unless it is a DVC(dual voice coil) then you have some options. I will need to see the specs on amp and sub to tell you how to wire. You are gonna want to look at the RMS watts.

Whew! hope that helps.

p.s. rep would be nice after all that[rolleyes]

·
Registered
104 Posts

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
thanks..but i think ima go 2 like the flee market n get them 2 do it for me since im not realy good with that kind of stuff n i dont wanna [:)][:)][:)][:)] it up

·
Flat Black King
8,203 Posts
honestly it aint that really hard to do. u have every answer of urs on this site and if u dont know just ask. i could tell u how to in a few minutes but theres still some things im not sure of. just ask. anyone on here can help and i bet there is someone on here that lives by u

·
Registered
2,859 Posts
Yea dude it is easy as pie. I was the same way when I first got my sub and amp and I went and tried it on my own. It is EXTREMELY simple and it feels good to have done it yourself. And if you ever have a questions just ask me or anyone else around here. I have done my fair share of installs and would be more then happy to walk you threw the process.

-Jesse

·
Registered
889 Posts
lol, ive never dealed with subs and amps, but yesterday i WIRED IT MYSELF, took me good probably almost 5 hours, but i DID, and focusboy is right it feels good, when your done [:D]

·
Registered
345 Posts
The hardest part is cutting a hole through the firewall if you can't find one to run the wire through. After that I just ran all the cables under my plastic mud guards (things on the bottom of the door) all the way to the back. Then I sanded the paint on the bottom of my trunk and screwed the ground in there. It's extremely easy and you can get it done in a matter of hours. IMO it's best to do it yourself that way if you ever have a problem you know automatically how the subs are wired and where the wires were ran from. Just my $.02. Good luck

·
MW2 NE1?
1,612 Posts
with stock radio or aftermarket H/U?? i really need to take pics for stock audio setup! maybe this weekend but i have the SVT stock system, with my audiobahn system.

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
dam thanks guys i never met nicer people lol
if only som1 couldve physicly helped me that wouldve been the best..
i heard i need to get the high/low converter bcuz i hav a stock 2001 radio..also the cables that go from the amp to the battery..but the thing is the guys at the flee market said they would do everything for lik 80$..
n honestly i would do it myself if i knew where all the cables go lol

·
Registered
2,859 Posts
Well i typed everything out for you ^^^up there. It really is easy. You can always try it and if something does go wrong, you always have the $80 option. But i promise you won't need to. And if you lived...ALOT closer I would help you lol.

·
Registered
889 Posts
dont even have to drill hole in the firewall, look in the "how to" and theres an easy way to run a wire without any drilling..

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
yoo i got it done...sounds insane i cant hear myself talkin wen its fully blasted lol..
but the thing is that i still hav the stock radio so i cant controll the bass so much so its always on
if anyone knos of a "cheap" radio that will fit my car please lemme kno
thanks for everythin

·
Registered
2,859 Posts
Well if you want you can always run a simple switch that you can get at autozone or something. Just tap into the turn on lead and then you can turn the subs on and off whenever you please.

·
Registered
213 Posts
Using the "fade" control on your head unit to bring the sound toward the front should turn down the subs too, obviously at the expense of the volume from your rear speakers tho.

·
Registered
117 Posts
i just installed my amp and sub on saturday. its alot better sound quality then i figured it would be. the LOC was an axxess loc from a local audio store, and the amp was a lightning audio i had laying around and so is the sub... it bumps good n only took me a lil more then an hour n half to do everything

1 - 20 of 21 Posts