Focus Fanatics Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
951 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone who knows, I want to know if I can just pop off the speaker cover or if I have to take off the panels themselves to install the speakers into a ZX3? Thought I'd give it a try myself instead of paying 100 bucks for installation where I bought them.

·
Registered
571 Posts
the cover doesn't come out (it just looks like it will....) you have to take off the entire interior panel of the door. its not difficult , just make sure you rember that screw behind the door handle, and be careful of wires for power windows and/or locks...

·
Registered
951 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thank you Dave.......I was asking because I tried to take it off. Took out all the screws, but it seemed like it didnt wanna come off, like it was stuck around the mirror. Do I just pull til it comes off, am I supposed to treat it like a virgin? If theres a trick to getting the panel off I certainly wanna know!

·
Registered
951 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yeah I checked it out first, but couldnt bring it up for some reason.......Thats why I'm asking here

·
Registered
309 Posts
Well, I just checked it out and it works. If you want me I can e-mail the PDF to you so you have it.

·
Registered
951 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Same thing in the email as it said on the other site Blue.......said something like file too big to open from AOL. So I can't see anything. Can anyone just kinda describe it to me?

·
Registered
309 Posts
Here it is copied from the PDF:

FRONT DOOR SPEAKER INSTALLATION:
NOTE: THE FACTORY SPEAKER PROVISION IS FOR A 6 X 8” SPEAKER.
WHEN INSTALLING AN AFTERMARKET 5 ¼ OR 6 ½ SPEAKER, A
SPEAKER ADAPTER IS REQUIRED. WE RECOMMEND THE SCOSCHE
SA68.
1. EXTRACT (7) T-15 TORX SCREWS FROM THE PERIMETER OF DOOR
PANEL.
2. REMOVE SCREW COVER FROM DOOR OPENER CUP, AND EXTRACT (1) #
2 PHILIPS HEAD SCREW FROM BEHIND.
3. USING A PANEL REMOVAL TOOL, UNSNAP THE SIDE MIRROR INTERIOR
TRIANGLE PANEL, LIFT AWAY AND REMOVE.
4. UNSNAP COVER FROM DOOR HANDLE, AND EXTRACT (2) #3 PHILIPS
HEAD SCREWS FROM BEHIND RADIO.
5. UNSNAP TOP CONTROL PANEL, LIFT AWAY DISCONNECT AND REMOVE.
6. PULL DOOR PANEL UPWARDS AND REMOVE.
7. EXTRACT (4) # 2 PHILIPS HEAD SCREWS FROM SPEAKER, DISCONNECT
AND REMOVE.

For pics check out http://www.fordfocus.hu/modules.php?name=News&file=article&sid=10&mode=&order=0&thold=0

Hope it helps.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts