Anyone who knows, I want to know if I can just pop off the speaker cover or if I have to take off the panels themselves to install the speakers into a ZX3? Thought I'd give it a try myself instead of paying 100 bucks for installation where I bought them.
the cover doesn't come out (it just looks like it will....) you have to take off the entire interior panel of the door. its not difficult , just make sure you rember that screw behind the door handle, and be careful of wires for power windows and/or locks...
Thank you Dave.......I was asking because I tried to take it off. Took out all the screws, but it seemed like it didnt wanna come off, like it was stuck around the mirror. Do I just pull til it comes off, am I supposed to treat it like a virgin? If theres a trick to getting the panel off I certainly wanna know!
FRONT DOOR SPEAKER INSTALLATION:
NOTE: THE FACTORY SPEAKER PROVISION IS FOR A 6 X 8” SPEAKER.
WHEN INSTALLING AN AFTERMARKET 5 ¼ OR 6 ½ SPEAKER, A
SPEAKER ADAPTER IS REQUIRED. WE RECOMMEND THE SCOSCHE
1. EXTRACT (7) T-15 TORX SCREWS FROM THE PERIMETER OF DOOR
2. REMOVE SCREW COVER FROM DOOR OPENER CUP, AND EXTRACT (1) #
2 PHILIPS HEAD SCREW FROM BEHIND.
3. USING A PANEL REMOVAL TOOL, UNSNAP THE SIDE MIRROR INTERIOR
TRIANGLE PANEL, LIFT AWAY AND REMOVE.
4. UNSNAP COVER FROM DOOR HANDLE, AND EXTRACT (2) #3 PHILIPS
HEAD SCREWS FROM BEHIND RADIO.
5. UNSNAP TOP CONTROL PANEL, LIFT AWAY DISCONNECT AND REMOVE.
6. PULL DOOR PANEL UPWARDS AND REMOVE.
7. EXTRACT (4) # 2 PHILIPS HEAD SCREWS FROM SPEAKER, DISCONNECT