Focus Fanatics Forum banner

How-To install rear RS wing

1K views 17 replies 10 participants last post by  Kaduku 
#1 ·
well first wear eye protection...metal shaving would = this

then put tape where the bolt of the wing will insert into the car

this will allow you to dent the tape so you know where to drill ( i recompend getting a chizzle and tapping it with a hammer to get the drill started)
NOTE: i also recomend using a small drill bit to make the hole, then using the actual size you will be using, this will make it much easier to drill.
then you will drill where the indents from the bolts are (leave tape one [this will also help prevent from any spliting that might occur])

it will look like this when completed

after the hole is the right size you can take the tape off

you will then open the hatch; take the adhesive cover strip off and press the bolts through the holes created

you will then tighten the nuts onto the bolts..

finished product.. .( i will take better pics in the daylight )

Problems that i ran into:
the underside of the hatch kind of bubbles out so i had to drill the bottomside of the hole out so i could screw the nut on tightly

I LOVE how it came out.. i was skeptical from the pictures that i have seen, but when i went to pick up my bumper from f2focus... OMG i fell in love... it looks SO awesome... DEFFINENT recomendation.... i was more excited about that then the RS bumper i picked up

See less See more
#2 ·
also sorry if any one else did one of these already.. i searched and didnt find anything. i know that a lot of the people that already know how might comment on how easy it was.. but this was my first try, and i think that i did damn well [:D]

#4 ·
Nice write up fl3tch. Just installed one a few weeks ago. Had a little trouble lining up the holes and had to redrill, no biggie. The screw/bolt can come off the wing to center the wing. It comes off with an allen key.

I primered up the holes after drilling too. Salt is used here in the winter for snow. Yeah, metal shavings in eye are not fun. At least you were wearing a helmet during install, though. I agree it looks awesome.

#5 ·
Only one correction, the RS wing doesnt install that way. Nice instructions, but what wing is that exactly? The real RS wing doesnt mount that way and just didnt want anyone that reads this to start drilling where you did. The real RS wing mounts totally different but that wing looks great. Which is it exactly? Actually, your wing mounts much easier. I wish mine had mounted that easy, lol

#6 ·
By the way, i like the facial expression on the , better wear eye protection, thing, lol

#10 ·
it is the RS wing from F2.. i actuall picked it up staright from f2's shop :D he is a great guy!! and if anyone bought anything from them.. they are busy moving to a new, bigger, nicer shop. but im pretty sure that he is still working just as hard to ship things out.
http://www.f2focus.com/phpwcms2/index.php?id=226,269,0,0,1,0
BTW yeah i was supposed to get a haircut yesturday, but i ran into a lot of traffic on the way home, so i had to cancel that...lol
thanks for the comments

#11 ·
Hey man I love the write up! I think cause of you I am going to have to get this wing when I get around to gettin the rest of the kit.

[thumb] [thumb]

#12 ·
b16sir1991 said:
Only one correction, the RS wing doesnt install that way. Nice instructions, but what wing is that exactly? The real RS wing doesnt mount that way and just didnt want anyone that reads this to start drilling where you did. The real RS wing mounts totally different but that wing looks great. Which is it exactly? Actually, your wing mounts much easier. I wish mine had mounted that easy, lol
i believe that it is the RS wing, cuz it is the one that comes on the Focus RS
but it isnt the rally RS wing... im not sure what that one is called, might be called the same thing.. (te one that comes from the middle of the hatch and is kind of like th type R wing is the one you are talking about right?

and thanks.. i like my expression too :D

#13 ·
polar said:
EVERYTHING in those pics... except the shirt and car look straight out of the 70's [headbang]

Nice install
Man, felt kinda bad bout the hair helmet comment but this one steals the cake. The drill I used was prolly bigger and older than fL3tch's. Having a helping hand would help installing this thing, too. I did it by myself and could of used another set of hands holding it in place etc...

Oh yeah, I think the price has dropped since I bought one last month. If you could post some pics further away, would be tight. I think it looks better standing a abit away.

#18 ·
color match? It's carbon fiber....If I get mine, its gonna be CF and im not gonna color match it...

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.