Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2,228 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i just recieved my bomz cai in the mail and i went outside to install it thinking it would be a piece of cake. unfortunately i was wrong....or maybe i'm just slow.[???:)] i have no idea what to do. for starters where the heck does the filter sit whenever your are done???[confused]

one more question: what does a bypass valve do and where on the intake does it go?

·
Registered
2,228 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
can someone who has one installed already give me a mini-walkthrough?

·
Registered
3,491 Posts
What kind of intake is it? Not what brand but is it a CAI where the filter is down in the inner fender or a short ram? If it is a short ram, it will sit in the same area as the stock airbox.

·
Registered
2,228 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
its is a very long and very curvacous cai

·
Registered
3,491 Posts
The filter will sit in the inner fender or down low in the front of the engine bay. If the piping is in two pieces, Install the top piece first on the TB. You may have to remove the Battery and box for the battery so you can route the piping. I haven't installe a long tube CAI but you may want to go into the photo gallery and find someone who has on, obviously focus your attention on the engine photos. It may give you and idea.

http://www.myzx3.com/how-to/aem-cai.htm

Maybe this will help too

·
AKA Toyotech
4,043 Posts
well i have all the how-to's written up but due to computer problems the programs i am using to see this visually doesn't let me paste...check www.myfordfocus.com , i think they have the aem intake install there.

·
AKA Toyotech
4,043 Posts
too bad your too fast. BAHH

1 - 8 of 8 Posts