Focus Fanatics Forum banner

181 - 190 of 190 Posts

·
w/ my magic bag
29,375 Posts
+1 for not desoldering and just snaking some sand paper in there with some delicate tools.

also, a good double check was whoever said to check continuity of the contact
Find a pix

·
Registered
3 Posts
Does anyone have the transistor part number? I think it's 2N6045 but wanted to confirm.

Also, since I need to order some electronic parts to repair the IMRC, are there any other parts inside the IMRC that might need to be replaced (diodes, capacitors, resistors)?

·
Registered
2 Posts
I did the "hold the PCB outward and not desolder the power connector" trick as well, and so far no CEL. I went a step further in making this simpler:

Don't use sandpaper. Go to en electronics store, but a contact burnisher, and you can have this done even faster. It looks like a super thin finger nail file, and gets in there real easy with no worries about bending anything.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi, new to the forum but I have found this site very helpful in the last 6 months for the 2003 SVT my son has and the 2007 ZX4 that my daughter drives.

Just wanted to update as I see no one has posted on the IMRC forum for a bit:

- Had the code 1518 with the 2003 SVT. Tried cleaning contacts, and re-soldering the board but no luck.

- Purchased a used unit from a 1998 Contour which are few and far between around here. I did all of the recommended repairs to the unit and it worked very well. The cable is longer but is of no consequence to the install.

A previous owner had damaged the lever on the runner and had repaired it, however I opted for the screw trick with some epoxy and it works well.

On the unit from the contour I dug out all the potting compound from around the connector and took it all out as a unit. This worked very well and provided great access to clean the points and touch up the solder joints on the board.

Thanks to all of you who have made life easier for two 17 year old kids with their first cars
- Kevin

·
Registered
30 Posts
Lol as far as how long I've owned them you could say so, I bought my first one in April of 2018 but over the short time I've pretty much worked on every part of them so I guess it depends how you look at it lol

181 - 190 of 190 Posts