Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
227 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How can I identify an Audophile head unit by examining the 6 disk in-dash CD changer on a 2005 Focus ST? Will the radio/disk display provide any nformation? What about looking under the dash? What will identify the Audiophile unit? Thanks.

·
on thin air
3,671 Posts
If it eats CDs and gives you issues, it's an audiophile. I found a great use for mine @ the shooting range.

·
Registered
227 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hey, thanks, but this advice will not help me idenitfy if it is a standard 6006 unit or the Audophile. My unit does not eat CDs and is not giving me issues.

Can anyone else help with identification?

·
Registered
227 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
Thanks, I found my answer in this Ford TSB:

TSB
06-17-4 CD PLAYER WITH MP3 CAPABILITY PAUSING OR SKIPPING BETWEEN TRACKS

Publication Date: August 14, 2006

FORD: 2005-2007 Focus

ISSUE:
Some 2005-2007 Focus vehicles equipped with a CD player that has MP3 capability may exhibit a pause or skip between tracks when playing certain continuous CDs, such as books on CD or music CDs that do not have a built in pause between tracks.

ACTION:
Install the appropriate radio service kit following the instruction sheet provided in the kit.

NOTE: THE EASIEST WAY TO TELL THE AUDIOPHILE AND PREMIUM CD6 SYSTEMS APART IS BY CHECKING THE NUMBER OF CONNECTORS ON THE BACK OF THE AUDIO UNIT, OR CHECKING TO SEE IF THE SYSTEM HAS A SUBWOOFER (LOCATED IN THE TRUNK). THE AUDIOPHILE SYSTEM HAS THREE (3) CONNECTORS AND A SUBWOOFER. THE PREMIUM RADIO SYSTEM HAS TWO (2) CONNECTORS, AND NO SUBWOOFER.

PART NUMBER PART NAME
7S4Z-18806-G Single CD Radio Service Kit
7S4Z-18806-E CD6 Premium Radio Service Kit
7S4Z-18806-F CD6 Audiophile Radio Service Kit

NOTE: FOLLOW NORMAL PROCESS FOR OBTAINING AUDIO COMPONENTS VIA YOUR LOCAL AUDIO SERVICE CENTER. DO NOT LIST CD PLAYER ON WARRANTY CLAIM.

WARRANTY STATUS:
Eligible Under Provisions Of New Vehicle Limited Warranty Coverage

Here is another easy way to identify the Audophile unit. Only the Audophile has RDS. Simply hold the menu button down and if it displays RDS then it is the Audiophile. If not, then its only the premium uinit.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts