Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Slow n lifted
10,570 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Since no one has done this I figured that I would.

So you bought projectors from ebay like i did. You wanna know how to wire them up.

End Result.

Heres How.

1.Take all screws off of the headlight.
there are 4 the ebay light will only have 3. Unscrew the 3 that are visible and the one that is under the Headlight.

2. Unhook the wiring harness

3. Hook the harness to New headlight.
The High and Low Beam Are plug and play. Should be self explanatory.

4. Make sure you put the wires running from the amber bulb by the grill turn signal.

THESE WIRES

Now you can delete the grill turn signal

5. Take out the bulb for the turn signal. and unhook the connector running to it.
This is the bulb

This is the connector

6. Cut the three wires a few inches back from the connector

7. Strip the black and green/blue (whatever it is) wire that you just cut off the harness.

8. Connect the wires going to the amber bulb. The black is easy one so you can connect that first. Next connect the Yellow and green/blue (whatever it is) wire together for your turn signal.

You are done and the light should look like this when done

For the Halos check back later! its to cold to do them today

Did one of the HALOS today.

So here is how i hooked them up. they are used as my day time running lights

The wires running from the halos are black and red.

1. The black wire goes to the same black wire that is used for the turn signal.

2. The red wire goes to the orange wire from the harness that you cut.

You are done now! ENJOY. they should look like this when done.

The wires will be shrink wrapped when i get a chance so they dont look like shit like they do. but you get the point

·
Registered
1,105 Posts
Looks good. Wish I had projectors, lol. Yeah it looks cold there...

·
Focus Fanatic
7,252 Posts
I still perfer the mach-alikes, but those aren't bad.
Welcome to the world of halo projector headlights.
Nice how-to!

·
Slow n lifted
10,570 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
yup the pic on the bottom is of them on my car. they look good to. the projector cut off is kinda weird but i will deal with it because if i can find some hid projectors out of a caddy or something they are going in

·
Registered
8,506 Posts
usually the halo rings are a cold cathode, and there will be a small inverter inside the headlight...

·
Registered
419 Posts
so if the car had day time run lights and it is wired up like that the halo now acts like the DRL?

·
Registered
936 Posts
I wonder how it would look head on if the Halos were wired into the fog light circuit. So you could have park lights, fog lights, and halos ... a ZX3 with just the fogs and parks looks pretty wicked head on. I'm just basically thinking out loud since my car doesn't have DRL.

·
Registered
334 Posts
So, connecting the signal wires to the old signal wires didn't give you FBS even though it's not a dual filament bulb? I have mine wired up similarly(I have the mach-alikes) and have stupid FBS, but I have the "Parking/City" lights also hooked into the signal harness.

Should I not have 3 wires connected? What about the grounds?

·
Slow n lifted
10,570 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
you shouldnt have worried about the middle wire. thats the parking lights wire. you con only have the signal wire hooked up for it to work. if you do both it wont unless you make it work with the stock bulb and everything like that

·
I AM DA FOCI FANATIC
3,715 Posts
good how to....I have these light got them last year or maybe even 2006?

·
Registered
535 Posts
can a moderator please sticky this to the "master list" of how-to's? That would be great

1 - 20 of 39 Posts