Focus Fanatics Forum banner

81 - 100 of 128 Posts

·
Registered
3,487 Posts
FWIW....The rubber seal is not hard rubber. It's soft and flexible. I used Velcro to hold mine on. I think that was a more secure attachment than double-sided tape from Home Depot. The tape doesn't stick to the rubber seal very well.

·
Registered
9,476 Posts
good idea with the velcro..then you can peel it off and make the LONGEST continous velcro sound in the world!!! [hihi]

anyone slap this UNDER an SVTF lip (like double lips)?? I'd go do it right now but I am in Iraq....lol...

·
Registered
9,476 Posts
that lip looks PUUURFECT on that Collection front. I always wanted that front with a lip on it.

*thinks of that collection bumper with the crack in the attic*.......[hehe]

·
Registered
537 Posts
quote - "The tape doesn't stick to the rubber seal very well."

- you have to clean it w/something like alcohol first, and then keep it clean during the install. the tape worked fine for me... it finally rained yesterday and i even went out and gave the lip a tug to see if was gonna come off but it stayed on...[dunno]

·
GT40 all the things!
9,482 Posts
Mine stayed on for a couple weeks, then it started to peel of at the curves. So I got some grill clips from work and secured it.

·
Registered
3,487 Posts
No matter how well you clean the rubber, you can pull the Home Depot tape right off. I got the Velcro roll from Sams. If you attempt to pull off the Velcro, the rubber seal will separate/split. Believe me.....it holds better.

I installed panel clips (like the OEM clips under there) on the very ends and at the two points the bumper curves up. Mine won't come loose, unless I hit something.

·
Registered
16 Posts
it cost 20 bucks if it comes off or get detoryed who give a rats a$$, i mean that jokingly but it is cheap enough to just replace it.

·
Registered
3,487 Posts
In case anyone hasn't noticed....there are a number of ways to attach this lip, since it has three edges. Most of the photos show the lip attached like I did. The widest part is attached to the bumper, and the mid-sized lip faces forward.

The last red Focus picture has the wide part facing forward.....you could also have the short edge facing forward. It's up to you......but I think it will hold better with the tape or Velcro on the widest part of the lip.

·
Banned
1,500 Posts
shit on my old o6 i just double sided taped it then put about 14 screws threw it. its been on the car for well over a year now and is still holding up great!

·
Registered
1,235 Posts
Here's how I mounted mine.....(foam rubber)

Only with doublesided tape. no screws. At least not on my euro bumper. I'll try to get some better pics these were taken with my phone.

wow, thats how i was planning on doing it, but i wasnt sure. i bought mine today. now that i see yours, im DEFINITELY doing it that way. thats the best by far!! =D ill post pics up 2moro when i do mine

·
Banned
1,500 Posts

you can see the tape in a few spots but oh well.... for 20 bucks way better than 200
see how there is a notch on the bumper were it goes up? if u put a screw on the low side and the high side as close as u can to the diagnal part it will pull the lip in to the curve of the bumper a lil more and it looks good.

81 - 100 of 128 Posts