Focus Fanatics Forum banner

61 - 80 of 128 Posts

·
Registered
537 Posts
I went o Home Depot a few days ago to look for the garage door bottom seal but couldn't find the right one, RATS! I'm gonna try Lowe's and see what they have. The bottom seals I found were really flimsy rubber and weren't close to the shape I was looking for. This should look awesome with the SVT bumper and SVT side skirts I'm gonna get tonight.
it is by the weather stripping, door seals, all the other foam stuff that goes on your house. i looked around the door area forever before i found it... hahaha. is the stuff at lowes the same or diff.? i would of gone to lowes (i like them better) but the home depot is like 30 secs. away from my house(plus someone posted a pic of the bag lol)

EDit -
what does FTW mean? i'm so lost on that one??? (because i am old an un-hip, lol)

·
Registered
16 Posts
Okay just did my HD lip install was very easy and looks pretty good.

parts list:

1. 9' garage door seal $9.95
2. 10 pack #8x5/8 self tapping screws $.75
3. 2 rolls of 3M exterior mounting tape $4.99 ea

total cost about $20.00

·
Registered
518 Posts
I bought, what I thought, was the correct lip from Lowes, turns out it was all wrong. The material is rubber, but not hard rubber. It also appears to be the wrong shape too, doesn't stick down below the bumper for the "lip." I'm running outta ideas here, I couldn't find this at Home Depot or Lowes that are in my area, might be time to try some different ones.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Is this material possible to spray paint? I've been dying for a front lip forever, but I really wanted it to match the car.

·
GT40 all the things!
9,482 Posts
Is this material possible to spray paint? I've been dying for a front lip forever, but I really wanted it to match the car.
I don't know. I would install it first so it don't crack when you bend it. I'd say its worth a shot for the price.

·
Registered
537 Posts
all i found was the foam rubber. there was some other stuff there that was a harder material, but it wouldn't work for the lip. i've been considering trying to put a truck bed liner on it. that would make it a lot stiffer and you still be able to bend it.

·
Registered
1,258 Posts
Discussion Starter #72
i just did it finally it looks good but i need screws to secure it better
im glad you like it, there is such a huge world of car modding out there and i think everyone should check out other sites and see what the styles are for different cars and see what can be used with their own car community. When i saw this mod i immediately thought this would be a pretty good replacement for the mach 1 lip everyone was doing and spending over $100 for a piece of unpainted plastic.

Enjoy everyone.

·
Registered
518 Posts
I tried using the foam seal and it just didn't fit right on my 05. Because it was foam, it looked really cheesy and didn't offer much in the way of "lip-age." I returned the foam seal to Lowes and am gonna wait until I can find the hard rubber type. I wanna do something to the front bumper of my 05 because after adding the SVT side skirts and rear bumper, the front bumper looks too high.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Nice pics, low foci. :)

EDIT: Weird, I saw your MySpace in your profile. You're name is Blake and have/had a lifted Ranger and Focus. ...I share those exact 3 things. :p You're 10 years older though, haha.

·
Registered
1,235 Posts
low foci... wtf, is your hood painted so it looks like u can see the engine?... FTW!

·
FocusXtreme
3,369 Posts
im glad you like it, there is such a huge world of car modding out there and i think everyone should check out other sites and see what the styles are for different cars and see what can be used with their own car community. When i saw this mod i immediately thought this would be a pretty good replacement for the mach 1 lip everyone was doing and spending over $100 for a piece of unpainted plastic.

Enjoy everyone.
exactly i mean the lip is so simmple and cheap, but looks so good a guy asked me today how much it cost and i said 12 bucks his jaw hit the fn floor i am helping him with one on his integra and on his mazda 6

·
Registered
349 Posts
Holy Crap, I just realized that! well, I noticed the blue flames ( I was also admiring the rims lol) and thought it looked pretty damn nice..went back and saw the hood.. Hawt! Yah seriously...I'm gonna do this as well, as soon as I get everything else put together. This is a REALLY good idea.. PROPS!

61 - 80 of 128 Posts