Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
357 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was wondering if any of you guys would want me to make a how to video on hiding your SCT or AP obd2 wire from being visible all the time. if so leave a comment!

·
3rd Time's the Charm
1,943 Posts
SCT's xcal4 is a fun tool to show the readout of gauges, etc, but it's very gimmicky considering there is no switched power from the OBD port to the cable to the xcal4.

You'd have to unplug the unit every time you stop the car, which is completely contrary to the theory befind a windshield mount, pillar mount, etc.

IMO, just drape the wire wherever safe during the tuning process and then stow it away once complete until some company gets off their ass and makes a switched power cable or adapter for this thing... or the owner gets a wild hair and makes one, which I'm sure that person would have the know-how to be able to hide the wire.

Absolutely nothing against you, but I was in the same boat when I got my xcal4 and mount... then that stupid power plug... what a bear. I kept touching my windshield leaving marks. It just made me mad, so it sits in its box until I need it once a year for inspections.

·
Registered
357 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
SCT's xcal4 is a fun tool to show the readout of gauges, etc, but it's very gimmicky considering there is no switched power from the OBD port to the cable to the xcal4.

You'd have to unplug the unit every time you stop the car, which is completely contrary to the theory befind a windshield mount, pillar mount, etc.

IMO, just drape the wire wherever safe during the tuning process and then stow it away once complete until some company gets off their ass and makes a switched power cable or adapter for this thing... or the owner gets a wild hair and makes one, which I'm sure that person would have the know-how to be able to hide the wire.

Absolutely nothing against you, but I was in the same boat when I got my xcal4 and mount... then that stupid power plug... what a bear. I kept touching my windshield leaving marks. It just made me mad, so it sits in its box until I need it once a year for inspections.
100% understandable, but i thought for the people who like to keep it in their cars and mounted, even if it means unplugging it(which i don't mind doing) after each session in the car, to help clear up the clutter of the cord hanging loosely.

·
Registered
154 Posts
My biggest issue, which I haven't gotten around to solving, is just the latch swinging around (probably gonna try to remove it without damaging anything so as to be able to place it on again) and then I was just gonna tie the slack of the cable with probably some thing rope or zip ties or something.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
357 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
My biggest issue, which I haven't gotten around to solving, is just the latch swinging around (probably gonna try to remove it without damaging anything so as to be able to place it on again) and then I was just gonna tie the slack of the cable with probably some thing rope or zip ties or something.

Sent from my iPhone using FF Mobile
Dont do that yet! I'll make a video tomorrow on how to be able to close door and hide cord after i install my swaybar.

·
3rd Time's the Charm
1,943 Posts
Pop the OBD connector back into the under-dash by collapsing the two clips on the sides.

Plug in the harness under the dash instead of out front.

Then run the cable up the outside trim to the dash. There's just enough wiggle room to gently push the cable in to the crack between dash and chassis to hide it, so it's only visible from where the dash meets the chassis to the mounted position.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts