Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i was wondering how hard is it get a focus into the 14s

my car is a zx3 5-speed

·
Registered
565 Posts
yeah, kind of a broad question bluebubble. you expect to go n/a or forced induction?

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
yeah sorry i was thinking about this at lunch and was like damn i forgot to tell them i wanted 14.99ss n/a

thanks

what cams would you go with?

·
Registered
3,861 Posts
the new crower stage 2s are pretty agressive, theres another thread about them in zetec performance. you wont make 14 with just bolt ons and stage 1s so crower or cat stage 2s will get u there.

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
if i get the stage 2 cams from crane they are just bolt in right.

i don't have to get springs or anything like that or shim or grind anything will I?

·
Registered
25,621 Posts
You do know when you do all these mods, you will run a lllooonnnggg series of of very low 15's 15.02 15.04 etc. ....lol, it always happens that way. seriously you need the stuff on the car to do it, but the really hard part is driving it right. I have seen the right driver take half a second of a car just with talent..

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
i m a wheel man

i know everyone says it but i really am

·
Registered
1,247 Posts
Sorry not to change the post.........I`m a wheel man!!! When I drink too much I sleep before I get behind the wheel....HEHEHEHE

·
Registered
4,040 Posts
does ford racing make stage to cams all i ever hear about is crowler wtf. i nevar heard of this company. people say ford racing head yea yea you sickos the other head is the best. how bout focus-central head is that anygood cause i could prolly get a good deal on one. how bout focus central cams are they any good?

·
Registered
4,779 Posts
focus mike said:
does ford racing make stage to cams all i ever hear about is crowler wtf. i nevar heard of this company. people say ford racing head yea yea you sickos the other head is the best. how bout focus-central head is that anygood cause i could prolly get a good deal on one. how bout focus central cams are they any good?
"Sir please put down the crack pipe and step away slowly!"

Seriously, FC doesn't make cams and no the head isn't all that great.

·
Registered
919 Posts
No matter how hard I've tried I cant get my car to break the 16.00 barrier. I hit 16 flat consistantly and all I've done are bolt on's. Underdrive pullies, 65 mm throtle body, short ram intake, shorty header, complete cat back exhaust, super chip, and put on a set of z-rated tires. I just can't break the 16.00. I'm not saying Im the best driver but a pretty good one. Its just hard to make lemon ade out of apples. I've just decided to stop modding untill I can buy the turbo kit.

·
Registered
25,621 Posts
1.) Try searching for " crower" cams, the spelling matters, they are a small little no name company , however, ( just for you focal)

2.) yes, you should be able to make a high 15, but driving it there is the hard part. If your 60 foot times are near 2.4 or 2.5 you are wasting alot of time at the line..I should know, mine were there last year,

I am a road racer at heart, really didn't think much of dragging until I tryed it. I have a pretty quick mustang that I took to the track one night and kept getting better and better times. Then a good friend of mine asked if he could drive it once. David is a long time bracket racer ( 22 years ). Imagine how I felt when he got in my car and cut 7 tenths off my best time on his first run...apparantly there is some skill to the quarter mile..keep trying!!

·
Registered
919 Posts
My 60 ft time usually hits at 2.4-2.45. I'm trying to keep it like I drive it every day... with all the seats. I don't think putin carbon on will lighten it too much. Maybe 15 lbs off the hood at most.

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
your time does not start until you pass the line to start so you can sit at the light forever before the clock for the 1/4 mile time will start

1 - 20 of 42 Posts