Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have finally fixed my wipers literally 3 minutes before a rainstorm arrived (stalk lost 2 wires out of the pinout) but now it’s time to take care of the annoying things, specifically is that my speedo flops over and has no energy to which I get to around 50 mph, it’ll flick over to 100. In gauge test the speed sensor reports properly as I can read the speed on the lcd, and it is accurate. When the gauges cycle from zero to max if the speedo is flopped over it’ll twitch to 100 then fall back down as the gauges reflex. Rarely it’ll fall back over to where it needs to be. However the speedo sometimes reads but most of the time it’s stuck at 0, while the lcd reads properly.

Attachments

·
Registered
16,222 Posts
That sounds kind of like the actual gauge unit itself is the issue.............likely have to change the whole cluster though.

A real longshot but if you can get the unit out I'd look at it close for the controlling spring(s) that retract the needle back to zero, it could be something freaky like just one of those super delicate springs breaking or coming off.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts